40S&W becoming obsolete?

Profirefighter

Established Member
Jan 24, 2021
Hanceville
I presently own a .40 S&W, and about to order a New Smithfield Armory 1911-A1 in .45 cal. & Clarks .460 Rowland conversion kit (to .44 Mag). Not wanting to enter this Pissing Contest per say, it seems your other members know far more then I do. I look at it like this...most home invasions and/or Store encounters, take place at a Max Distance of 10'-20'. I want the MAXIMUM KNOCKDOWN/KILL ability possible with my Hand Cannon!

I watched a couple guys testing the most Idiotic Statement by a sitting POTUS, since the last time a DumbassCrap was in Ovary Orifice! Y'all know what's coming...YEP!...it's the "9mm Blowing a Lung Out of the Body", this guy needs to go back to sniffing Tricycle Seats on the Playground...but I digress. So these 2 fellers had a .22mag, a 9mm, a .40S&W, a .45acp, a 12ga w/Buckshot & finally...a 12ga with a Slug. The cold-clear Winner was the 12ga. with Slug...they were shooting a Silicone Anatomically Correct, complete with Bones, Organs & major Arteries, human Torso. The Slug went thru like an Earth Mover...the 9mm was so Pussified, even the Crew was Laughing...no shit, it looked like a .22mag on steroids. Sorry to say, but the .40S&W didn't look much better, but it took a bigger chunk of Lung with it! Now...among the Hand Guns...the 44 Mag not only blew away the Compitetion, but also a fist size chunk of Lung
I like my .45s and my .44 magnums

aftac19

Established Member
Sep 23, 2022
Huntsville
I carry 40sw alot my gen4 Glock 23 gen4 and I carried a P2000 in 40sw. I like 40sw and really like it in a G35.