Alabama Constitutional Carry

SouthernGunner13

Established Member
Feb 8, 2021
I just want to say something so people are clear where I stand with regards to how someone had previously responded to me earlier on this thread, which has since been deleted.
Some people will comment or think that I do not support the 1st Amendment as I do the 2nd Amendment and that I am a hypocrite for being a proponent of deleting those types of comments and banning those who make them. The following is what I would say to those people:

I fully support the Constitution of the United States of America including ALL of the Bill of Rights. Although I support and defend the 2nd Amendment 100%, I would not tolerate someone pulling out a gun and shooting it all around me, in an irresponsible manner that would not be conducive for a family friendly safe environment, nor should you. That is an unintelligent abuse of a liberty, privilege, and responsibility.
The same applies to the 1st Amendment. If someone comes on here and abuses their liberty and privilege of expression through their 1st Amendment by spewing unintelligent, hateful, degrading profanity that isn't conducive to a family friendly environment, then it shouldn't be tolerated either.
Just as we enjoy going to a shooting range where people are behaving like civilized humans, even if someone prefers an AR15 over an AK (or vice versa), we should be able to come here and enjoy our liberty of the 1st Amendment to respectfully disagree with one another when the occasion presents itself.
I digress...

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
About time!!! I read it’s not active until Jan 1, though….
From what I read of the bill I believe this is because they're setting aside a fund to cover the county sheriff's offices losses on permit sales and are using the data for permit sales from 2022 as the benchmark for what the revenue would look like to know how much money to give them.

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
I just want to say something so people are clear where I stand with regards to how someone had previously responded to me earlier on this thread, which has since been deleted.
Some people will comment or think that I do not support the 1st Amendment as I do the 2nd Amendment and that I am a hypocrite for being a proponent of deleting those types of comments and banning those who make them. The following is what I would say to those people:

I fully support the Constitution of the United States of America including ALL of the Bill of Rights. Although I support and defend the 2nd Amendment 100%, I would not tolerate someone pulling out a gun and shooting it all around me, in an irresponsible manner that would not be conducive for a family friendly safe environment, nor should you. That is an unintelligent abuse of a liberty, privilege, and responsibility.
The same applies to the 1st Amendment. If someone comes on here and abuses their liberty and privilege of expression through their 1st Amendment by spewing unintelligent, hateful, degrading profanity that isn't conducive to a family friendly environment, then it shouldn't be tolerated either.
Just as we enjoy going to a shooting range where people are behaving like civilized humans, even if someone prefers an AR15 over an AK (or vice versa), we should be able to come here and enjoy our liberty of the 1st Amendment to respectfully disagree with one another when the occasion presents itself.
I digress...
I wouldn't worry about it overmuch - banning trolls has been a necessity for online forums since the beginning otherwise you end up seeing good members get frustrated and leave which we definitely don't want.

DC0509

EVERYONE Needs to Read the Constitution!
Dec 9, 2020
Shelby County
Amen! Finally :D And of course every sheriff's department in every county opposes Constitutional Carry since it vaporizes the revenue that came from CCW Permit $$$, you know, that process of making law abiding Americans pay for what is supposed to be a RIGHT, Not a Privilege! Its about time!

theothermikeg

Established Member
Jan 19, 2022
Birmingham
Amen! Finally :D And of course every sheriff's department in every county opposes Constitutional Carry since it vaporizes the revenue that came from CCW Permit $$$, you know, that process of making law abiding Americans pay for what is supposed to be a RIGHT, Not a Privilege! Its about time!
I believe that plenty of Alabama sheriffs oppose CC, but revenue is secondary for many of them. A portion of the law enforcement community, even in a conservative state such as Alabama, disagrees with the fundamental right to self defense that's enshrined in the 2nd Amendment. That's why the CC law is so vital.
I will renew my concealed carry license when the time comes. I don't begrudge Jefferson county their revenue and I'm much more interested in the benefits of state reciprocity than in making a political stand.