Alternate News Sources / Social Media

Bamahound

Established Member
Mar 25, 2021
Deatsville, AL
I don't like watching the news, it's depressing. Still need to stay informed as it changes daily. I found a few ways to keep up without riding the doom & gloom train as it was designed. Most here probably watch Fox (Carson & Hannity) or Newsmax and I do too sometimes. I signed up for frankspeech.com ( Mike Lindell's network) to get text with that days story. Don't watch it everyday, if at all, because the text gives the short story anyway. The best I've found is USA.LIFE . It's like Facebook but uncensored. A 5 minute scroll down the page and I'm done. My favorites are Guns In The News, President Donald J Trump, OAN, Breitbart, and WND. Never once have I looked at something online and got a add popup there. There are no adds. I follow what I want to see and check it daily or sometimes weekly. Anybody else found anything that works for them?

Last edited:

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
I’m just a local guy my self. The problem with social media is the same thing that happened to Parler. If it creates enough problem they get shut down.

Bamahound

Established Member
Mar 25, 2021
Deatsville, AL
They have in the past but since so many "Millionaires" are faced with new higher taxes and the death tax for their children to pay the money is shifting back to what made us instead of what's destroying us. Funding is allowing these platforms to operate with their own servers.

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
I used to spend a lot of time of thedonald.win, now patriots.win and found it to be a good news aggregate for things that run against the grain of the mainstream narrative so to speak. Haven't been on there as much since the election as the site was going through an (understandable) identity crisis and it irks me that they still haven't made state level .wins despite it being a popular request. Gab is a good Twitter alternative to my understanding and the CEO seems like a good dude but I never had a Twitter to begin with so I haven't had that much interest in keeping up with it.

Bamahound

Established Member
Mar 25, 2021
Deatsville, AL
I've never had a twitter either. Had a facebook acc for a business that worked for making new contacts and grew the business a lot. I retired before they shutdown the President so it didn't hurt at all to delete that account

Rubicon

Established Member
Dec 28, 2020
North Alabama
I don't like watching the news, it's depressing. Still need to stay informed as it changes daily. I found a few ways to keep up without riding the doom & gloom train as it was designed. Most here probably watch Fox (Carson & Hannity) or Newsmax and I do too sometimes. I signed up for frankspeech.com ( Mike Lindell's network) to get text with that days story. Don't watch it everyday, if at all, because the text gives the short story anyway. The best I've found is USA.LIFE . It's like Facebook but uncensored. A 5 minute scroll down the page and I'm done. My favorites are Guns In The News, President Donald J Trump, OAN, Breitbart, and WND. Never once have I looked at something online and got a add popup there. There are no adds. I follow what I want to see and check it daily or sometimes weekly. Anybody else found anything that works for them?
Ive been avoiding news, but I read the Drudge report and dailymail from time to time. I'm not sure if that's the kind of thing you have in mind.

As for social media, I was on gab once upon a time. It's like a censorship free Twitter. If it's still alive, you might like it. Last I checked, you can only download it online because the app stores banned it for not censoring content.

Last edited:

Bamahound

Established Member
Mar 25, 2021
Deatsville, AL
Veterans' Memorial Day charity ride in DC canceled by Biden. usa.life.PNG 1st time it's 30yrs history. This is the kind of news that I want to know about that doesn't always make cut elsewhere

Bamahound

Established Member
Mar 25, 2021
Deatsville, AL
I always search, and look for different sources, just to see how topics have been spun.

That's a true example of spin. There's something fishy about that title and date. That may be a re-spin. I do the same double check on all news. Gov run news is so full of BS when my weather radio alarm goes off with a warning I double check that https://www.stripes.com/news/vetera...rdizing-memorial-day-motorcycle-ride-1.670656

Last edited:

Bamahound

Established Member
Mar 25, 2021
Deatsville, AL
Ive been avoiding news, but I read the Drudge report and dailymail from time to time. I'm not sure if that's the kind of thing you have in mind.

As for social media, I was on gab once upon a time. It's like a censorship free Twitter. If it's still alive, you might like it. Last I checked, you can only download it online because the app stores banned it for not censoring content.
Thanks for the gab info. That's better than usa.life with more content to choose from