Another beautiful day in Alabama...

sleepy4sureishere

Established Member
Nov 30, 2020
N. Alabama
Hey Bamabum, I know that view Very Well!!!! We are enjoying the View over Beautiful Lake Wedowee!!!
I've had a Deer Lease in Randolph for over 30 years....Thanks for Sharing The Great View and making us all Jealous...LOL!!!

Ridgerunnercamo

Established Member
Apr 26, 2021
Alabama
There is not a beautiful day in Alabama. This place is the gates of hell.
I was given a life sentence here as punishment for a previous life.
I'm convinced that Texas and Louisiana is actually hell. South of Tennessee and east of Louisiana is purgatory. Alaska is the heaven mentioned in the Bible.

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
haha I've heard that one before and I'm sure it's true for some of the bigger nicer boats. I'd just like to have a 14 or so foot jon boat to fish the local ponds and rivers around me.

sleepy4sureishere

Established Member
Nov 30, 2020
N. Alabama
10-4...I wouldn't suggest ever launching a 14' Jon in Lake Wedowee no more than I would Lake Guntersville or any other Deep water Lake with this Crazy weather that pops up out of nowhere at times it can become treacherous in the Blink of an Eye...

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
Yep I agree with you there. The biggest lakes near me are Lake Eufaula and Lake Jordan, and I'd be sticking to the shallows if I went out on a jon boat at either of them.

sleepy4sureishere

Established Member
Nov 30, 2020
N. Alabama
10-4...Got caught about 6 miles out from my Launch location one time on Lake Guntersville in a 21 ft. Ranger that literally had me thinking that I was in a Dingy!!!! And if you know anything about Bass Rigs the Rangers have always been considered one of-if not the heaviest and safest boats out there as far as Bass Boats are concerned...Were it not for the Good Lord and Great Bilge Pumps that day she was going down!!!! The amount of water that was falling from the sky combined with the amount of the white capping waves it was absolutely incredible in its sight and without a doubt Pegged the Pucker Factor Needle!!! NOT LoL!!!!

Last edited:

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
Oh wow, bet that was terrifying! I had a similar experience saltwater fishing out of Destin with my uncle when I was about 12. He had a 22 foot boat and we were fishing one day when a squall blew in and we had to hurry back to the docks before we got caught in it. The waves had already gotten VERY high for that boat and I remember one of them launched us into the air for a solid 3-4 seconds before we crashed back down. Luckily we made it out OK and didn't have to pump any water but it got hairy for sure.