Another Example of Smoke and Mirrors....Wake Up!

sleepy4sureishere

Established Member
Nov 30, 2020
N. Alabama
kenny1773 said:
There was a no permit carry bill in AL back in early 2019, but it was shot down do to objections from law enforcement
"currently when criminals see a law enforcement officer they will toss a weapon and run. If the permit requirement is abolished, they will carry that weapon without concern."
The most I see now is a lifetime permit, which would save some time and money
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20200122/alabama-important-lifetime-carry-permit-legislation-intro

The criminals carry without concern regardless. Why?, Because they are criminals!!! Whether they toss the gun or not when they see LE has no bearing on whether or not the bill should pass. If they toss it what do they do? They procure another one by whatever means....Remember they are criminals and they will carry regardless. These anti constitutional nanny state regulations only effect the Law abiding Citizens of this State. Law enforcement is trained to treat everyone as if they are armed....Hello, what are we missing here?... The only ones effected are the law abiding citizens who must pay a fee and ask permission to carry in order to protect ones family and their lives. Something is wrong with this picture and all you have to do is just follow the money...Thats it plain and simple...They can dress it up or dress it down however they wish but the bottom line is the dollars that they are sucking out of the law abiding tax paying citizens have made them fat and they don't want to give it up...Period!

sleepy4sureishere

Established Member
Nov 30, 2020
N. Alabama
Amen brother, couldn’t have said it any better myself !
Thank you Brother for having the same Vision and Morals for our 2nd Amendment Rights and most of all the Guts to hit the LIKE button and make it known...I'ts amazing how many we have that claim to have the same beliefs and standards yet they remain Silent...From the founding fathers to all of the fallen heroes who have "Given All" so that we can continue to enjoy these freedoms and yet we have those among us who is too weak and scared to have a voice and stand up and proclaim it....What a shame and disgrace to all of the fallen ones....Thank you again Brother, God Bless.

sleepy4sureishere

Established Member
Nov 30, 2020
N. Alabama
I think its worse than embarrassing Brother, its a total Disgrace....but I say thanks to you for being man enough to tell it like it is! Unlike the silent majority who talk a good game but never back it up...Thanks Again, God Bless.

sleepy4sureishere

Established Member
Nov 30, 2020
N. Alabama
Thank you Brother for having the same Vision and Morals for our 2nd Amendment Rights and most of all the Guts to hit the LIKE button and make it known...I'ts amazing how many we have that claim to have the same beliefs and standards yet they remain Silent...From the founding fathers to all of the fallen heroes who have "Given All" so that we can continue to enjoy these freedoms and yet we have those among us who is too weak and scared to have a voice and stand up and proclaim it....What a shame and disgrace to all of the fallen ones....Thank you again Brother, God Bless.
Thank you BamaRider for having the guts to voice your support as well Brother!!!

sleepy4sureishere

Established Member
Nov 30, 2020
N. Alabama
kenny1773 said:
There was a no permit carry bill in AL back in early 2019, but it was shot down do to objections from law enforcement
"currently when criminals see a law enforcement officer they will toss a weapon and run. If the permit requirement is abolished, they will carry that weapon without concern."
The most I see now is a lifetime permit, which would save some time and money
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20200122/alabama-important-lifetime-carry-permit-legislation-intro

The criminals carry without concern regardless. Why?, Because they are criminals!!! Whether they toss the gun or not when they see LE has no bearing on whether or not the bill should pass. If they toss it what do they do? They procure another one by whatever means....Remember they are criminals and they will carry regardless. These anti constitutional nanny state regulations only effect the Law abiding Citizens of this State. Law enforcement is trained to treat everyone as if they are armed....Hello, what are we missing here?... The only ones effected are the law abiding citizens who must pay a fee and ask permission to carry in order to protect ones family and their lives. Something is wrong with this picture and all you have to do is just follow the money...Thats it plain and simple...They can dress it up or dress it down however they wish but the bottom line is the dollars that they are sucking out of the law abiding tax paying citizens have made them fat and they don't want to give it up...Period!
Thank you Rubicon for having the guts to voice your support as well Brother!!!

Magic Show Accident

Established Member
Oct 20, 2020
Fayette
Completely agree. This is the absolute worst time to EXPAND a list into a state electronic database of conceal carry holders. This will definitely end up in the hands of federal enforcement if US Congress (or EO) pass any of these Sheila Jackson style gun bills. What this will do is put people on a list who have owned guns for decades.....people who obeyed the laws, minded their own business.

This is now a good time to enact constitutional carry in this state. Federal proposals will definitely access these “state databases”. When this happens, many legal gun owners will become criminals for delayed compliance with the new federal laws (when they pass). Bc Alabamians are hoping for one thing (2A sanctuary), federal government is doing another (spreading Democrat policy across the nation), and part of our lawmakers aren’t that far off in their ideology. So the state is telling us the proposed federal gun bills are an infringement, but we need to sign up for the database here. How about we just idk make a database of people who can’t possess firearms?? Nah that makes way too much sense.

Why ignore the document they affirm to protect and defend? The constitution never said I must pay to defend myself from death. And it never said I need to trade my defense to be listed in an electronic database just bc some people can’t be outstanding citizens.....leaving the law abiding people to foot the cost for a freedom that should cost nothing.

That being said, I’ve always paid for the CC permit and have always tried to do things right. I support LE and find they are essential to a functional state. I would gladly make a donation in lieu of being listed electronically. I’m sure many people would. But if this bill passes, I would think twice being being a permit holder. *****It backs us into a corner to where we either break a state law, break a federal law, or face unreasonable federal process of getting their stamp of approval for something you’ve done right for decades. ****How do you chose from those things? But this is what our superiors will force upon us. I’ve written them and hope they listen. My reps haven’t responded, their VM are full. I will remember this.