1. Welcome to Alabama Gun Forum! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here. Registered users also see less ads!
  2. Check out our other style options, we have color schemes for Alabama & Auburn! All the info can be found here.

Any luck?

Thread in 'Hunting & Fishing' started by bassdaddy00, Dec 29, 2016.

1. bassdaddy00

bassdaddy00 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

This is my first season in south Alabama hunting. I moved here from the Covington Ga area in July. I have been hunting a fair amount and not seen a single deer. Is this common for the area? I usually have killed a few by now. I am assuming this is due to the guys running dogs on the club. I may need to join a still hunt only club next year if I can find one close to me. Let me know if you know of a good still hunt club that doesn't more than about $1,000.00 a year.

2. danlnga

danlnga New to the forum!

Lived in Daphne, AL in the early 90's. Had a good friend who was in a hunting club maybe 25-30 miles north of Greenville & got to go as a guest several times. The club was probably on 300-400 acres & had been run by folks out of Mobile for several years. Most game law enforcement officers will help finding a well run club. They will know. This was in what they call the "Black Belt" & is generally good deer country.