Any luck?

bassdaddy00

Established Member
Dec 15, 2016
Atmore
This is my first season in south Alabama hunting. I moved here from the Covington Ga area in July. I have been hunting a fair amount and not seen a single deer. Is this common for the area? I usually have killed a few by now. I am assuming this is due to the guys running dogs on the club. I may need to join a still hunt only club next year if I can find one close to me. Let me know if you know of a good still hunt club that doesn't more than about $1,000.00 a year.

danlnga

Established Member
Jan 28, 2017
Gainesville, GA
Lived in Daphne, AL in the early 90's. Had a good friend who was in a hunting club maybe 25-30 miles north of Greenville & got to go as a guest several times. The club was probably on 300-400 acres & had been run by folks out of Mobile for several years. Most game law enforcement officers will help finding a well run club. They will know. This was in what they call the "Black Belt" & is generally good deer country.

Garandzen

Established Member
Nov 22, 2021
Clarke co
You should take advantage of the dog hunts, nothing like them when done correctly. Never too hot or deer not moving, the dogs “make” them move. Not to mention the sound of the hounds doing their job, don’t buy into what everyone says until you experience it. Hog, coyotes, everything moves on a drive. More fun but the deer taste worse honesty, but worth it. If you stay in the lower coastal plain you will most likely never see any good rack deer, have to move north to Dallas Wilcox and above.