Any other Air gunners out there?

AlabamaLarry

Established Member
Jan 7, 2021
S. Huntsville, AL
Any other air gunners on the site? I have gotten my first PCP a Brocock Commander 22cal. Been trying different slugs in it to dial it in and have experienced a huge penetration difference between manufactures even with the same weight and diameter slugs. Judging by the seating pressure difference of the two my guess is the greater penetration must be due to harder lead mixture. Right now I am getting nickle size down to holenin hole groups at 20 yds with Nicholson .218 23gr hp.

Anyways whats your set up? I know air guns are alot more finicky on projectiles for accuracy even from barrel to barrel on same model guns.

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
Never got into it after I grew up a bit but they are amazing. I’ve been watching videos on Facebook and YouTube.

AlabamaLarry

Established Member
Jan 7, 2021
S. Huntsville, AL
The PCP's are nothing like I had growing up the accuracy and near silent poof of air with a moderater is amazing. I am already considering buying a 30 or 45 cal.

Zap_Rowsdower

Established Member
Apr 8, 2020
Madison
Picked up a few pcp's since last year. Haven't shot center fire in close to a year. It's easier to go out in the back and run a few magazines of pellets vs running a 22lr or spending a day driving to go shoot anything bigger.

Zap_Rowsdower

Established Member
Apr 8, 2020
Madison
Running my 22lr with a suppressor is probably on par with my fx crown on low power for report. Noise depends on what you hit with it but I like having the ability to tune a PCP for a pellet/slug vs being stuck with trying find a particular lot of ammo the rimfire likes.

garndawg

Established Member
Dec 7, 2021
Owens Cross Roads
I'm too cheap for the fancy stuff. Got a springer (Beeman RS2 dual caliber) and a nitro (Benjamin Vaporizer). Will probably get rid of the springer, as I just don't need both 177 and 22...

AK473391

Established Member
Feb 2, 2022
Athens, AL
I have an old benjamin franklin model 137 in .177 cal. It's from the 1960s. I also have a crosman .177 pistol and benjamin sheridan .177 pump rifle that I'll be selling soon if anyone's interested.

AlabamaLarry

Established Member
Jan 7, 2021
S. Huntsville, AL
I'm too cheap for the fancy stuff. Got a springer (Beeman RS2 dual caliber) and a nitro (Benjamin Vaporizer). Will probably get rid of the springer, as I just don't need both 177 and 22...
I just sold the last of my .177 along with the Vaporizer 22cal I had. It shot well but was way too loud for my liking in the back yard and fricken heavy.
I also felt the same way about being cheap when I first started looking at PCP Airguns. However I will say my Brocock Commander is worth every dollar the ability to tune it and dial it down for conditions and pellets or slugs is huge. I love it so much I may just be ditching a few of my 22 LR's.

My next Air Gun will be an FX Impact M3 35cal. I will have to buy that on the low down the Ole'Lady will shit if that comes across my credit cards!

Last edited:

Zap_Rowsdower

Established Member
Apr 8, 2020
Madison
I was looking at the Sniper XR Magnum but figured for the money, I would get the FX Crown MK2. So far, I have not been disappointed other than lack of available barrel kits.