Any PCC (Pistol Caliber Carbine) Fans?

SouthernGunner13

Established Member
Feb 8, 2021
20201005_202215.jpg 20201005_202325.jpg 20201005_202249.jpg
I had a couple of friends in the past both pick up Evo Scorpions. I think they look really cool and I was kind jealous at first. Not knocking them but I thought I was going to enjoy shooting them more than I did.
Then I bought PSA AKV-9 and I can not convey how much I, and everyone I let shoot this firearm, absolutely loves it! If you ever get a chance to shoot one please do yourself the favor!

closing

Keep most Sales within Alabama and on this Forum.
Mar 22, 2021
Montevallo Alabama
View attachment 4680 View attachment 4681 View attachment 4682
I had a couple of friends in the past both pick up Evo Scorpions. I think they look really cool and I was kind jealous at first. Not knocking them but I thought I was going to enjoy shooting them more than I did.
Then I bought PSA AKV-9 and I can not convey how much I, and everyone I let shoot this firearm, absolutely loves it! If you ever get a chance to shoot one please do yourself the favor!
It looks awsome! did it come with that muzzle device? what is the brand?

SouthernGunner13

Established Member
Feb 8, 2021
It looks awsome! did it come with that muzzle device? what is the brand?
Thank you! No, it came with a different muzzle brake that worked pretty well. I'm just a huge fan of Venom Defense muzzle brakes. They look badass and they're extremely effective. I have them on my AR15's as well.
I wish PSA would make the AKV in 10mm, then, THEN we'd be getting somewhere! ;)

Sam O

Established Member
Feb 3, 2016
Eva, AL
Oh you kids and your fancy schmansy evil black rifles. I have one of the originals - a Marlin Camp 9, and absolutely love it. Deadly accurate at 50 yards, and an absolute blast to shoot.
I looked and looked at those on gunbroker years ago, I never did get one. I’d still like to have one, but I’ve got several other options that were more readily available at the time. I’ve got an AR9 pistol and rifle that take Colt pattern mags, Kel-tec sub2k gen 2, beretta CX4 storm, and marlin 357.

SouthernGunner13

Established Member
Feb 8, 2021

I was looking at this muzzle device

KAW VALLEY PRECISION 9MM XL SLIM LINEAR COMP​

Has anyone used that brand or site thank you.
I've used Kaw Valley trigger springs when building AR's, and I've used one of their linear comps. I've found no problems so far.

Sam O

Established Member
Feb 3, 2016
Eva, AL

I’ve ordered from them, it’s been a few years. I don’t remember anything about the buying experience, but I wouldn’t have any problem placing another order with them.

kwb377

Established Member
Dec 16, 2019
B'ham
Thanks guys! @Sam Owens looks like exactly what I was looking for thanks for the quick help, thanks @SouthernGunner13. @kwb377 what sling and light combo did you put on your ruger if you don't mind me asking.

The sling may be a Condor...I usually use Magpul MS1 sling on all my long guns, but I had this one in my box of spare slings/junk and used it. I had intended to "upgrade", but it's been working fine.

The light is an old SureFire/Laser Products 6P that I've had for 25+ years and installed an eBay LED head in at some point. Again, I intended to mount a better light and never got around to it. I've used SF weapon lights, and more recently have been using several Streamlight ProTac HLX lights on various long guns (AR's, shotguns) with good success. The MLok forend mount is made by Midwest Industries.

kwb377

Established Member
Dec 16, 2019
B'ham

I mounted a KVP linear comp on one of my 10.5" 5.56 AR's and didn't really notice much difference in muzzle rise...but did notice an increase in muzzle flash. I swapped back to a standard A2 flash hider.

It may provide different results on a 9mm PCC.

JT300

Smooth Brain in Alabama only local preferred
Jun 2, 2022
Calera AL
Love my Ruger, gonna change optic but I need suggestions for light and muzzle device if anyone has any expertise. Would also like to change it from black to something else lol. I'd Highly appreciate any advice. Thanks! 20220603_101741[1].jpg