Any PCC (Pistol Caliber Carbine) Fans?

JT300

Smooth Brain in Alabama only local preferred
Jun 2, 2022
Calera AL
Awesome AR 45 should suppress well would like too but didn't wanna do the wait I suppose not sure how to go about it

would it be wise to SBR it if you if already going through stamp I only ask out of ignorance, Thanks

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
Awesome AR 45 should suppress well would like too but didn't wanna do the wait I suppose not sure how to go about it

would it be wise to SBR it if you if already going through stamp I only ask out of ignorance, Thanks
I am new to suppressors and tax stamps of course but this banshee screams to be run suppressed and 45acp is already subsonic. I am going up to a dealer in Huntsville today to go through the process. Sounds relatively easily and painless other than the $200 tax. Timing apparently is as fast as a few weeks but generally 90 days.

Im not sure on the SBR question but will ask today. It has a brace on it now so it’s a pistol today.

JT300

Smooth Brain in Alabama only local preferred
Jun 2, 2022
Calera AL
I am new to suppressors and tax stamps of course but this banshee screams to be run suppressed and 45acp is already subsonic. I am going up to a dealer in Huntsville today to go through the process. Sounds relatively easily and painless other than the $200 tax. Timing apparently is as fast as a few weeks but generally 90 days.

Im not sure on the SBR question but will ask today. It has a brace on it now so it’s a pistol today.
Thanks lmk please I appreciate you!

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
Went to bullet and barrel in Huntsville this afternoon. Smooth experience and they have a silencer shop kiosk that does fingerprints. Took maybe 15 min to complete and I picked out a rugged obsidian 45 for my banshee. Now the process is a few more steps via email over next week and then likely 90 days or so for the tax stamp approval. Pretty easy so far.

Dkaisnell

Established Member
Jun 12, 2022
Northport
Personally… I haven’t been able to get excited about most PCC’s. Don’t get me wrong, several friends swear by them (fun and function). It’s an esthetics thing for me. The skinny straight magazine has always looked somehow out of place to me. I much prefer the SMG look in pistol calibers. H&K MP5s and UMPs. Sig MPXs. Not a gun snob by any means, but looks are important to me. Maybe it’s about time I take one out.

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
Personally… I haven’t been able to get excited about most PCC’s. Don’t get me wrong, several friends swear by them (fun and function). It’s an esthetics thing for me. The skinny straight magazine has always looked somehow out of place to me. I much prefer the SMG look in pistol calibers. H&K MP5s and UMPs. Sig MPXs. Not a gun snob by any means, but looks are important to me. Maybe it’s about time I take one out.
I know what you mean. I currently own a steyr SPP, UZI and SP5 all in 9mm. I like all of them but there was something about that CMMG Banshee in 45acp that got me to bite. Especially if I can run it suppressed so easily as it’s setup for it.

Dkaisnell

Established Member
Jun 12, 2022
Northport
I know what you mean. I currently own a steyr SPP, UZI and SP5 all in 9mm. I like all of them but there was something about that CMMG Banshee in 45acp that got me to bite. Especially if I can run it suppressed so easily as it’s setup for it.
Right! Having it tuned for suppression right out of the box is a huge plus. I’ve known tons of people who have issues once they start messing with AR gas tubes. I also own an SP5. I bit on a tax stamp to install the A2 stock and run it as an SPR. Best decision I ever made!!!

Attachments

• CB0702CD-54DF-46EF-8497-3FA6929D3C13.jpeg
    CB0702CD-54DF-46EF-8497-3FA6929D3C13.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 7

SouthernGunner13

Established Member
Feb 8, 2021
I use Venom Defense Comp/Brakes. They're awesome, very effective! I checked earlier for you but didn't see any in stock for 9mm.
I'm also happy with the Olight I have on it as well. Both shown in the picture.

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
Right! Having it tuned for suppression right out of the box is a huge plus. I’ve known tons of people who have issues once they start messing with AR gas tubes. I also own an SP5. I bit on a tax stamp to install the A2 stock and run it as an SPR. Best decision I ever made!!!
I have heard the same with some ARs running compressed. The interesting thing about the Banshee to me is that it’s radial blowback so much simpler that a standard AR gas system when it comes to suppression.

4CERTN

Established Member
Feb 2, 2016
Alabama
Lovin’ the guns y’all are describing out here!

I agree re: the aesthetics of the long, slender “stick” magazine on an AR. Somewhere along the way, I finally saw a 9mm Colt AR that grabbed my attention and just had to have one. Well, the Colts were either just too high-priced or unavailable over time, and I wound with a PSA which, while it has thrown me a couple of curve-balls, now has a great many fun rounds through it.

I’m a confessed Milt Sparks Holsters fan-boi and, as part of a recent order from them, requested a belt pouch for the Colt-pattern 9mm magazines my PSA uses.

The paw-prints are a Sparks “thing” related to their semi-famous shop-dog, Badger.

1655239291279.jpeg

1655239223075.jpeg

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
Went to bullet and barrel in Huntsville this afternoon. Smooth experience and they have a silencer shop kiosk that does fingerprints. Took maybe 15 min to complete and I picked out a rugged obsidian 45 for my banshee. Now the process is a few more steps via email over next week and then likely 90 days or so for the tax stamp approval. Pretty easy so far.
Process is complete and was pretty easy. Now the hopefully 90 day or so wait begins. I would recommend bullet and barrel to anyone looking to do something similar. The silencer shop kiosk they have is very straightforward.

Blaznhale72

Jan 31, 2022
Harvest
I like the idea of one for home defense. Bought one of the Rugers for my wife, slapped a Sig Romeo and a light on it, for when Im on nights. Had a 1895 Marlin in .45 that was love/hate. I always wanted one, and snagged a ”Remlin” that was poor quality. Wanted to make it work, just didn’t trust it for reliability….

Profirefighter

Established Member
Jan 24, 2021
Hanceville
Some love ‘em, some hate ‘em, and some just couldn’t care less, I know (true of many items, right?) :)

I was always intrigued for some reason by the Colt-branded 9mm ARs (they had / have a specific Colt model number that I don’t recall at the moment) - they always seemed to priced a bit higher than I could go at the time if they were even available at all.

Eventually, I came across the PSA version of same. I was able to grab a few magazines (branded “A.S.C.” and billed as compatible with the 9mm Colt mags) - I’ve gotta say, this thing is FUN to shoot, and quite accurate.

(Note the super-high-quality magazine numbering straight from the 4CERTN Custom Shop - LOL! ) Sling is a simple Blackhawk two-point deal. Light mount is a well-outdated unit from Viking Tactics, holding a Surefire LED light.

I’ve also thought the AR-ish PCCs that are fed by Glock magazines seemed like a great idea, but have yet to shoot one.

View attachment 4639
I had a bushmaster with the 9mm mag block in it years ago. Very fun gun. I currently own 2 HiPoint 9mm carbines. Probably my favorite plinking rifles. Several lever guns in pistol calibers.

Bamapilot010

Established Member
Nov 20, 2022
Montgomery
Love the versatility of PCCs. Started shooting an M1 Carbine, and recently bought at Ruger PCC9. It is reminiscent of shooting the old carbine, and quite the utility when paired with my Glock 9s…. Also makes a nice truck gun.

Ctc67

Established Member
Feb 1, 2016
Weaver, AL
I currently have two PCCs, a Romanian NAK9 9mm with Beretta 92 magwell and a Rossi 92 in .45 Colt. I've just started ordering parts to build an AR45 using the CMMG radial delayed setup and running off of .45 Glock mags. It's intended to be my take on a "modern" Tommy Gun. I actually saw a set of wood Tommy Gun style furniture I may order for it.

Attachments

• 20200913_142051.jpg
    20200913_142051.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 6
  • 20191106_192102.jpg
    20191106_192102.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 6