Anyone else meditate?

Rubicon

Established Member
Dec 28, 2020
North Alabama
I'm on my 2nd attempt to make a habit of it. A few months ago I did it every morning but kind of fell out of it. It feels great and is supposed to have a lot of benifits. I actually found that it helped wake me up in the morning. So has anyone else dabbled I'm this?

sleepy4sureishere

Established Member
Nov 30, 2020
N. Alabama
Ahhhh, Yes Rubicon, I can answer that by a Lifetime of Experience and Back it up with The Living Word of God....Thank you so much for bringing these Truths Forward that we may expound on Them....Praise Be to The Most High our Father and Christ Jesus Himself...Here is What The Greatest Instruction Manual and Road Map of Life has To Say..And I know that you said you are a Christian and so I am so proud to leave these words for you and others to Enjoy!!!!

Psalms 1:2 KJV
2."But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night."
3. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
4. The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.

Last edited:

Rubicon

Established Member
Dec 28, 2020
North Alabama
Ahhhh, Yes Rubicon, I can answer that by a Lifetime of Experience and Back it up with The Living Word of God....Thank you so much for bringing these Truths Forward that we may expound on Them....Praise Be to The Most High our Father and Christ Jesus Himself...Here is What The Greatest Instruction Manual and Road Map of Life has To Say..And I know that you said you are a Christian and so I am so proud leave to these words for you and others to Enjoy!!!!

Psalms 1:2 KJV
2."But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night."
3. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
4. The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.

I'm talking about a different kind of meditation, mindfulness meditation is what I've been doing. I've always taken that verse to mean meditation as in deep thought, not the literal practice of meditation.

sleepy4sureishere

Established Member
Nov 30, 2020
N. Alabama
Well then, I'm so happy that I was able to share with you the Truths of Meditation as Given Forth by the Almighty Father himself Through his Word the Final Authority...What a Blessing...No more confusion only Facts....and I know since you are a self proclaimed christian that you will Praise the Father for the Revelation of the Truth...Glory Be to The Most High...

Rubicon

Established Member
Dec 28, 2020
North Alabama
Well then, I'm so happy that I was able to share with you the
Well then, I'm so happy that I was able to share with you the Truths of Meditation as Given Forth by the Almighty Father himself Through his Word the Final Authority...What a Blessing...No more confusion only Facts....and I know since you are a self proclaimed christian that you will Praise the Father for the Revelation of the Truth...Glory Be to The Most High...

"No more confusion"
There is more than one definition for meditate in the English language. I really doubt the definition the Bible Is using is for the practice of meditation, which, at the time of writing, was a non Christian religious practice.

"No more confusion"
There is more than one definition for meditate in the English language. I really doubt the definition the Bible Is using is for the practice of meditation, which, at the time of writing, was a non Christian religious practice.

Are you going to follow me to every thread and nit pick?

sleepy4sureishere

Established Member
Nov 30, 2020
N. Alabama
Follow You, Well of course not brother but when you open a thread you are opening it for each to speak as they desire...Right? Well it just so happened that I was here when it opened and wished to share some Truth and Knowledge with you...But Obviously you have a problem with Truth in that you would rather have an opinion...Right!!! That way Chaos can reign supreme...Whatever Feels Good, Do it...You had no problem attacking me when you knew my voice was silent for a period but now when the Truth can be laid out for all to see you have a problem...That in and of itself says it All...... Oh, excuse me, fellow christian Brother who wishes to give more creedence to mans definition of meditation than that of the Almighty Creator and God of All!!!! Excuse me, I thought you were a Christian and valued Gods Words above all else....Well, might thy be exposing thyself to be something else? Hmmm. You say you really doubt that what God said is what he meant because you don't think so...Well Then , Maybe you need to take that up with the Father...Because he before anyone or anything has instructed you how to meditate...So Please, Take that to the Father as he has Commanded...Don't attempt to mislead others because of what you think....Again, it don't matter what you or I think when we are confronted with the Truth...So, Be thou of Good Cheer that the Word has been brought forth before thee in your hour of confusion...May God Continue to Shed his Light upon the Facts and Truths as they are set forth and Continue to Bless our Community of Brothers!!!!!

P.S. When one is not able to Communicate with Facts and Only Opinions when being faced with proven Facts and Truths then one is Not Communicating...They are injecting Only Chaos and Deception!!!!! Let the Words and The Facts speak for Themselves and the Final Authority the Author and Finisher of Truth!!!!! God Bless All My Brothers...and That includes you Rubicon who we will continue to Pray for as Brother Bypass has already eluded!!!!
Remember: We are our Brothers Keeper!!!!!!

Last edited:

Rubicon

Established Member
Dec 28, 2020
North Alabama
Oh, excuse me, fellow christian Brother who wishes to give more creedence to mans definition of meditation than that of the Almighty Creator and God of All!!!! Excuse me, I thought you were a Christian and valued Gods Words above all else....Well, might thy be exposing thyself to be something else? Hmmm. You say you really doubt that what God said is what he meant because you don't think so...Well Then , Maybe you need to take that up with the Father...Because he before anyone or anything has instructed you how to meditate...So Please, Take that to the Father as he has Commanded...Don't attempt to mislead others because of what you think....Again, it don't matter what you or I think when we are confronted with the Truth...So, Be thou of Good Cheer that the Word has been brought forth before thee in your hour of confusion...May God Continue to Shed his Light upon the Facts and Truths as they are set forth...
So that's a yes. Got it. Bye.

sleepy4sureishere

Established Member
Nov 30, 2020
N. Alabama
P.S. When one is not able to Communicate with Facts and Only Opinions when being faced with proven Facts and Truths then one is Not Communicating...They are injecting Only Chaos and Deception!!!!! Let the Words and The Facts speak for Themselves and the Final Authority the Author and Finisher of Truth!!!!! God Bless All My Brothers...and That includes you Rubicon who we will continue to Pray for as Brother Bypass has already eluded!!!!
Remember: We are our Brothers Keeper!!!!!!

Last edited:

Joel6180

Staff member
Advisor
Jan 27, 2018
Atmore, AL
Yes, I meditate every morning. Part of a 33 year, ongoing, sobriety experiment. Has been working for me, and is a personal experience. I would never try to convince anyone that my way is the only way, but it works for me.

Rubicon

Established Member
Dec 28, 2020
North Alabama
Yes, I meditate every morning. Part of a 33 year, ongoing, sobriety experiment. Has been working for me, and is a personal experience. I would never try to convince anyone that my way is the only way, but it works for me.
I actually got into it when quitting tobacco. I thought it would help me focus during withdrawal and it did to some extent. Congratulations on the sobriety btw.

Joel6180

Staff member
Advisor
Jan 27, 2018
Atmore, AL
During the rest of the day, I make an effort to be aware, and present in the moment. Having a grateful attitude if at all possible, and be in awe of the beauty of the universe. I have a harder time with human interaction, because my expectations are still too rigid. Also, it would help if I didn't turn on the news programs on the TV and radio.

closing

Keep most Sales within Alabama and on this Forum.
Mar 22, 2021
Montevallo Alabama
During the rest of the day, I make an effort to be aware, and present in the moment. Having a grateful attitude if at all possible, and be in awe of the beauty of the universe. I have a harder time with human interaction, because my expectations are still too rigid. Also, it would help if I didn't turn on the news programs on the TV and radio.
It helped me a lot for some bad habits but still find it hard some days to meditate, If you meditate in the morning a quick stretch and cold shower makes me ready to take on the day. it's harder than what it it sounds good job and TV, radio, social media mess me up as well. Congratulations what you did takes a lot of discipline.

MarkW

Established Member
May 6, 2021
Pinson
I was taught Zanshin breathing exercises as part of my martial Arts class. I still practice it when my heart rate get up to help calm myself. May not be for everyone, but it works for me.