Anyone here into 3D printing?

octal

Established Member
Feb 5, 2021
Pelham
I've thought about it. Maybe in the future for me, but at the moment I have too many other projects...

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
I've also thought about getting into it, problem is I don't really have the space for a printer right now. Maybe one day

octal

Established Member
Feb 5, 2021
Pelham
Anyone else into 3D printing? Printing guns?

What model printer are you using?

The last time I looked, there were potential issues with plastic deformities when printing a receiver. Can't remember if it was due to improvements needed in consumer grade printer technology or plastic (or both?). Has this situation improved?

Another thing, and I admit this strictly a personal thing, but the shiny plastic was hard on the sensibilities. Not that it would be a dealbreaker, all else being equal.

kameronm7

Established Member
Apr 27, 2021
Athens
It is awesome now. I am using an Ender 5 Pro, but you can get away with a well tuned Ender 3 for $160. Totally don't google Deterrence Dispensed or The Gatalog.

octal

Established Member
Feb 5, 2021
Pelham
It is awesome now. I am using an Ender 5 Pro, but you can get away with a well tuned Ender 3 for $160. Totally don't google Deterrence Dispensed or The Gatalog.

Thanks for the info. I'll look into it, and for the present, stock up on plans if nothing else.

Did you see the news item a couple of days ago where a Fed appeals court ruled in favor of posting 3d gun plans online?

I'm somewhat surprised. I'll be even more surprised if Biden's handlers don't appeal it all the way to the SCOTUS and who knows how they would rule.

Last edited:

sleepy4sureishere

Established Member
Nov 30, 2020
N. Alabama
Hey kameronm7, I find it Very Interesting when you say" It is Awesome Now." Could you be a little more detailed and descriptive as to what you have experienced in terms of what you meant? Thanks.

kameronm7

Established Member
Apr 27, 2021
Athens
Just the progress that has been made in the space is amazing, and the community behind it all. It is now possible to build the "FGC-9" using no gun parts (per European Union defs.) at home in your garage with a printer and some saltwater. Print most of it, rifle your own barrel using ECM, and at the end you have a semi-auto 9mm gun.

sleepy4sureishere

Established Member
Nov 30, 2020
N. Alabama
Very well explained Brother...I appreciate you sharing that with the Community. Keep us posted as you progress in your knowledge and experience. It's very interesting...Thanks.