Anyone shoot at FOP Range in Pleasant Grove?

theothermikeg

Established Member
Jan 19, 2022
Birmingham
It's a good club. Fairly priced, excellent steel plate ranges for centerfire handgun and .22. Can't tell you much about the rifle ranges but I believe there'a a 100 yard range that's available for day-pass shooters and a separate one for club members.

kmann

Established Member
Feb 6, 2022
Gardendale
I'm going up there next week to check it out and see if its an outdoor range I want to go to.

Any thoughts from anyone?
Been a member there for three or four years now and I’ve shot there dozens of times- it’s easily the best range in the Birmingham area (not sure about Brock’s Gap, it’s new and I haven’t been). Only reason I’m not a member any longer is because I’m getting married next month and moving about an hour away.

DumpsterDog

Established Member
Aug 2, 2022
Birmingham, AL
Been a member there for three or four years now and I’ve shot there dozens of times- it’s easily the best range in the Birmingham area (not sure about Brock’s Gap, it’s new and I haven’t been). Only reason I’m not a member any longer is because I’m getting married next month and moving about an hour away.
Good news, Thanks

The Mann

Established Member
Jan 19, 2022
Birmingham
I was a member there for many years it is a good range. But with covid they started new rules so I stopped my membership in 2020.
It was $150-200 a year to shoot on any range you wanted to and only members could use the plate ranges and rifle range everyone else could only use practice range. But with covid you bought a membership and still had to pay a $25 range day pass. It is clean and kept up so if you want to shoot for a day good value but I dropped my membership and just pay $25 a day.

kmann

Established Member
Feb 6, 2022
Gardendale
I was a member there for many years it is a good range. But with covid they started new rules so I stopped my membership in 2020.
It was $150-200 a year to shoot on any range you wanted to and only members could use the plate ranges and rifle range everyone else could only use practice range. But with covid you bought a membership and still had to pay a $25 range day pass. It is clean and kept up so if you want to shoot for a day good value but I dropped my membership and just pay $25 a day.
They’ve rescinded most of their Covid rules as of about a year ago- I let my membership lapse when they started the Covid rules and only renewed it when they went back to normal. The membership tiers are different now and I recommend going to their website to look at the new programs in place.

kwb377

Established Member
Dec 16, 2019
B'ham
I've been a member for 3 or 4 years. It sucked when they went to the membership dues plus a $10 fee per visit to shoot during COVID, but it probably helped to keep them open during a lean time financially.

kenny1773

Established Member
Nov 28, 2018
Birmingham
When I lived in B'ham I was a member for years, great place, good people running it, fairly well maintained.

The steels are a ton of fun, as mentioned centerfire pistol and 22, the steels will fall over when hit and you can pull a cable to reset them

There is a member only 100 yard with steel, and paper target holders

Their covid rules and prices changes sucked, but as others have said that may have ended

Attachments

• FOP 22 only steel.jpg
    FOP 22 only steel.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 2
  • FOP Centerfire Steel.jpg
    FOP Centerfire Steel.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 2

4CERTN

Established Member
Feb 2, 2016
Alabama
I’ve enjoyed their Public Range quite a bit and really need to get back out there to stretch the long-guns.

A few years back, several Alabama members of SIGforum held a couple of get-togethers there as one of the group was a member - they (the range staff) were super-generous to us and made sure we had a good time.