Anyone Shoot Compete?

Bbentley40

Established Member
Sep 20, 2020
Huntsville
Maybe in a year or two I'd like to. Working on getting my skills where they need to be. Wont do anyone any favors if we aren't honest with ourselves.

I have been shooting competitively for around 10 years now and the #1 thing I can tell you is you dont have to "get your skills up" before you compete at local matches. Everyones skill levels are different and almost everyone I have met at matches is always willing to help each other out (new and old shooters). The only things experienced shooters care about is that you are safe with your gun handling and you listen to instructions from the RO. We are all there to have a good time! So if you are holding off on competing because you dont think you are "ready", just keep what I said in mind. If you know gun safety basics then I am sure your local match director would love to have you! If you have any questions about what you actually need (gear wise) to do your first match then feel free to PM me.

I am quoting the post above, but this information is meant for all new or wanting to be new shooters!

dorr36

Jun 28, 2021
Dothan, AL
I have shot a steel challenge at the Dothan Gun Club, held the first Sunday of the month. They also host USPSA matches on the second and fourth Sunday’s of the month.

Looking forward to trying the USPSA matches just haven’t had a chance yet.

Years ago when I lived in North Carolina I was an avid 2 gun match competitor and was match director for a year before we moved away. Excited to get back into it.