Armslist Alabama

Teddy T

Established Member
Feb 23, 2020
Guntersville
I have been a long time subscriber to Armslist. Well my time with Armslist ended today. I have used a pre-paid credit card to pay my $6.99 a month dues, but now they will no longer except a pre-paid CC. My opinion of Armslist is that it is not a very secure sight. They want a debit or bank cc to continue my account. I guess I will start posting any guns I have for sale on our forum. Thank you for letting me vent!
Bud

BigWaveDave

Established Member
Oct 25, 2020
Calera, AL
I have been a long time subscriber to Armslist. Well my time with Armslist ended today. I have used a pre-paid credit card to pay my $6.99 a month dues, but now they will no longer except a pre-paid CC. My opinion of Armslist is that it is not a very secure sight. They want a debit or bank cc to continue my account. I guess I will start posting any guns I have for sale on our forum. Thank you for letting me vent!
Bud
Yep had to drop them when the search options went to crap and then a few months later they started charging.

edtalabama

Established Member
Apr 8, 2022
gulf shores
Bud
I found way too many scammers on arms list and the administrators would do nothing about it because they were making money off the paid ads.

aftac19

Established Member
Sep 23, 2022
Huntsville
I never used Armslist that much but I did use gunbroker and a few other websites like vaguntrader.com back when I was stationed in NOVA. Good market there for guns. Here it’s weird because I am a black rifle shooter and around here it’s different I dont know. I also Carry a Glock or a HK P2000 so I am a little off on what I do.

Bamarider

Established Member
Feb 1, 2016
Mountolive
Bud
You can also use Tacswap.

Xero

Established Member
May 20, 2021
Auburn
Bud
I laughed so hard. This is literally ripped from the pages of "How to Scam nerds 101". Next, they're gonna ask you to send them $100 so you can help a Nigerian prince move their millions to the US.

Griz375

Established Member
Feb 15, 2021
W TN, 38105
Bud
Venting is a good thing.

Their site is (or was) rife w/ scammers.

I left because there was no trader rating and, as I wanted to deal within a certain distance, I found their search engine lacking. I remember looking for a specific rifle and within days got pinged several times with offers. Almost none were from "members".

That was about the time they started charging so I gave it a 60-day trial. There was no improvement so, I left. Doubt very much I'll be back.

BTW - getting good action here when you want to sell or buy is pretty much a certainty.

Last edited:

Beastmaker

Established Member
Nov 27, 2022
Tuscaloosa
I used Armslist once and had a good experience with it. Got a nice youth 20g 870. Would check back with them periodically. Then noticed they wouldn't put prices unless you have an account. I would pay for an account to post something but there gonna charge someone to buy it or even to see the price. That's pretty crappy to me.

PDren000

Established Member
Oct 17, 2019
Troy/Brundidge
Late to the party, but same here. I stopped using it when they started charging. I still browse occasionally, since I had an account prior to the new subscription system, but I can't contact anyone unless they have their number in the listing. I've started looking on this forum and MeWe when I want to trade. This forum at least kicks off spammers pretty quick when they do show up.

PDren000

Established Member
Oct 17, 2019
Troy/Brundidge
Used it once a long time ago. I had no idea they started charging for the "service".
They got sued a few times by gun control advocates and they said that's why they started charging. Probably a combination of lawsuits and wanting a little more dough out of the site, but I can understanding wanting more lawyer money given the wild stuff gun grabbers will sue over.

PDren000

Established Member
Oct 17, 2019
Troy/Brundidge
I left when they started charging a fee just went downhill
I still go on there sometimes to check the listings cause some folks will put their number up, but yeah. Overall site quality is down, very few listings compared to pre-charging days. Pretty sad, honestly. It used to be a good resource except for the occasional obviously stolen gun.

Bamapilot010

Established Member
Nov 20, 2022
Montgomery
Like many things, armslist became a victim of its own success… I had great success with it, and bought/traded a few firearms with it. As it became more well know, it attracted the scammers. When they started charging a fee, I still used it for a bit; however I noticed it started to take the downhill trend as quality options became fewer and fewer. I’ll browse hoping to find quality finds, but not much luck.