Asking the guys: clothing

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
What pants do you wear on a normal basis when you plan to conceal carry?

Also second part is if I am a 34 pant size what size do you wear to fit the firearm in there!

thanks

MarkW

Established Member
May 6, 2021
Pinson
Regardless of whether I'm wearing jeans or something a little nicer, having a good belt to support whatever you are carrying is important. Nothing worse than going to the bathroom, and watching your pistol hit the floor because you have undone your buckle.

Almtnman

Established Member
Army
Dec 13, 2018
Northeast Alabama
It’s hard to beat a Hanks belt to carry a sidearm comfortable. They are a little expensive but well worth the extra expense and have a 100 year guarantee. I have two of them and they’re the best belt I’ve ever owned. When ordering if you’re going to use to carry, order two sizes over your normal size.

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
It’s hard to beat a Hanks belt to carry a sidearm comfortable. They are a little expensive but well worth the extra expense and have a 100 year guarantee. I have two of them and they’re the best belt I’ve ever owned. When ordering if you’re going to use to carry, order two sizes over your normal size.
I'll second the recommendation for Hank's belts, I've got one of the steel core ones and it's great. As for pants I normally just wear jeans or shorts 1 size up from my normal to give some extra room for the gun/holster.

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
I’m looking at proppers pants and either hank belt or the ultimate carry belt from blade tech.

SouthernGunner13

Established Member
Feb 8, 2021
So I just started wearing the "stretch" style pants. Walmart has the wrangler version(with cargo/ side pockets) at a good price. I wear 34x32 and buy the same size in those to carry appendix.
I bought and use a Nexbelt from WPS, it's a zip style belt and I love it.

Zero

Established Member
Sep 6, 2020
Madison County
Regardless of whether I'm wearing jeans or something a little nicer, having a good belt to support whatever you are carrying is important. Nothing worse than going to the bathroom, and watching your pistol hit the floor because you have undone your buckle.
Any recommendations for a 1911? I have a full size gov model but want to get a commander style. I’ve got a Kore Essentials gun belt but I highly doubt it was designed for an all metal gun like a 1911. I’ve read around and some people say the only option is suspenders unless I want my pants falling off. I don’t know if it’s the pants to blame for part of the issue. Rocking flex Wranglers.

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
Any recommendations for a 1911? I have a full size gov model but want to get a commander style. I’ve got a Kore Essentials gun belt but I highly doubt it was designed for an all metal gun like a 1911. I’ve read around and some people say the only option is suspenders unless I want my pants falling off. I don’t know if it’s the pants to blame for part of the issue. Rocking flex Wranglers.
Steel core Hank's for sure

Tider

Premium Member
Feb 1, 2018
South Talladega County
Walmart Wranglers ,Dockers and carhartt. Depending on how they fit I might go a size bigger in waist. Hanks belts are great. 1st “gun” belt ive ever had though so nothing to compare it to.

CoastForce1812

Established Member
May 17, 2021
Mobile, Alabama
What pants do you wear on a normal basis when you plan to conceal carry?

Also second part is if I am a 34 pant size what size do you wear to fit the firearm in there!

thanks
I know you said pants, but if you find yourself looking for shorts consider the 5.11 Ion. They don't look at all like tactical shorts, aren't cargo shorts, and are perfect for IWB. I'd go with just a 36 if you buy those.