Be careful!

JT300

Smooth Brain in Alabama only local preferred
Jun 2, 2022
Calera AL
@Old Dog shoot wish you was on here sooner i would've totally would've took that offer! still learning myself really tbh i think he used to live close to me. you're right about that

Ed Jennings

Established Member
Jul 6, 2020
Pleasant Grove AL
I haven’t forgiven or forgotten. But, it looks like he’s facing some felony gun charges. That will put an end to his wheeling and dealing in firearms. He’ll have to find a different commodity

Arms_Agent

Established Member
May 8, 2017
HSV we ship
Back in the early fall I needed to sell a couple of pistols in order to get cash for other purchases. I sold them here on algunforum, and both were cash sales. The first one was a combination of cash app and cash, which was ok except the cash included a counterfeit $100 bill. The bank notified me about 30 minutes after I deposited it (probably a week or so after the deal). The bank asked me if I knew where I got it and I told them I did, but I would not tell them. I guess I should have. I notified the purchaser and he said he did not pay me with any $100 bills. Except he actually gave me 3 of them (the other 2 were ok). Needless to say he offered no help in the matter. The second purchaser was great! Before I did that deal I educated myself on all the things to look for. It’s really easy if you look at and feel the bill.

Anyway, my experience has been that unless it is a trade deal, it will be a cash deal. I had never had any problems before that one, but it was a painful learning experience. Do your research and learn what to look for. Avoid my experience.

And by the way, I have not seen that person on here since I confronted him. I am not on here much any more, but the times I have been he has not been. He was on here a lot. Of course, he could have changed his name on here, so beware. I talked to another person who had sold him a gun and they said he still owed them some money. No idea if it was the same issue.

Stay vigilant!

Get some of these pens. SAVE MONEY by checking and rejecting bad currency with a bill marker counterfeit marker currency pen Pen-Gear-Counterfeit-Money-Checker-Pen.jpg

Old Dog

Premium Member
Sep 23, 2023
Alabama
Well, sometimes people surprise you. Last Thursday $100 showed up in my Cash App from the guy who gave me the counterfeit $100. I let it sit there for a couple of days since I was suspicious that it might not be intentionally for me! I finally accepted it and it went into my bank account today. He kept me whole, but it was at least 7 months after the fact. I hope you other folks who have had similar issues will have the same end result as me.
Could be that fellow was looking at a trial for some other offense and did not want this to surface and used against him in the trial? Just thoughts from an old guy.