Be careful!

Ed Jennings

Established Member
Jul 6, 2020
Pleasant Grove AL
Any names to look out for?
Yes. Has nothing to go with this transaction, but a guy by the name of Shannon Bittle, gear2grind on this forum, beat me out of better than $1K. He was buying guns from me and flipped most of them. He was building ARs and selling without the proper FFL. Friend of mine saw where he stole from someone else as well.

Rex

Established Member
Apr 13, 2021
Vinemont
Yes. Has nothing to go with this transaction, but a guy by the name of Shannon Bittle, gear2grind on this forum, beat me out of better than $1K. He was buying guns from me and flipped most of them. He was building ARs and selling without the proper FFL. Friend of mine saw where he stole from someone else as well.
Have seen him before

JT300

Smooth Brain in Alabama only local preferred
Jun 2, 2022
Calera AL
Im sure he is still here under another alias. Not only without a proper FFL i'm pretty sure he built some with a "fun switch" I blocked him on all firearm related groups but he still found me using a friends name and a fake profile, started just sending video's of him doing mag dumps at night...in the rain.....on the side of a dirt road..... strangest thing ever, I'm so glad i never sold or traded anything to him. He would also make people travel a long ways to beat them down on price and apparently he is at all the gun shows in hoover but i haven't been to a gun show in a long time.

Lesau

Established Member
Oct 11, 2018
Birmingham
That is the same guy.

Ed Jennings

Established Member
Jul 6, 2020
Pleasant Grove AL
Im sure he is still here under another alias. Not only without a proper FFL i'm pretty sure he built some with a "fun switch" I blocked him on all firearm related groups but he still found me using a friends name and a fake profile, started just sending video's of him doing mag dumps at night...in the rain.....on the side of a dirt road..... strangest thing ever, I'm so glad i never sold or traded anything to him. He would also make people travel a long ways to beat them down on price and apparently he is at all the gun shows in hoover but i haven't been to a gun show in a long time.
If you figure out who it is, please let me know.

Lee

Established Member
Jan 29, 2016
Birmingham
This is hilarious. Update on Mr. Shannon Bittle...
Full disclosure: He owes me and 2 other friends over $4k.
The Honorable Shannon was picked up by the AFT and charged for making and selling FA ARs summer 2022. Be VERY careful dealing with him. Actually, don't deal with him. I'd be very surprised if he didn't turn and try to entrap to lessen his situation.
He changed his phone numbers all the time bc he kept getting banned from Fb groups and forums.
He's a very small man. White. Late 40s. Always appears strung out and nervous. Always wears sleeveless muscle shirts. Claims he's a civil engineer with some company downtown Birmingham. Actually, claims VP. Idk if that's still possible after his arrest. Was in Graysville and Brookside NW of Birmingham last I knew.
You've been warned.

Last edited:

Ed Jennings

Established Member
Jul 6, 2020
Pleasant Grove AL
This is hilarious. Update on Mr. Shannon Bittle...
Full disclosure: He owes me and 2 other friends over $4k.
The Honorable Shannon was picked up by the AFT and charged for making and selling FA ARs summer 2022. Be VERY careful dealing with him. Actually, don't deal with him. I'd be very surprised if he didn't turn and try to entrap to lessen his situation.
He changed his phone numbers all the time bc he kept getting banned from Fb groups and forums.
He's a very small man. White. Late 40s. Always appears strung out and nervous. Always wears sleeveless muscle shirts. Claims he's a civil engineer with some company downtown Birmingham. Actually, claims VP. Idk if that's still possible after his arrest. Was in Graysville and Brookside NW of Birmingham last I knew.
You've been warned.

Ed Jennings

Established Member
Jul 6, 2020
Pleasant Grove AL
I just reread your post. I strongly suspected he was building AR’s and selling them without benefit of a FFL. Didn’t know he was selling full auto models. I know some of the pistols he bought from me, he flipped to a JCSD by the name of Bobby.

Lee

Established Member
Jan 29, 2016
Birmingham
Yes, he made and sold lots of ARs. Yes, he was making and selling FAs. He was getting the parts from a small shop south of Birmingham. Someone above said he was sending them videos of him shooting his FAs. He sent me the same videos. He'd pull over to the side of a country road and video himself shooting the FAs--some day, some night, some in the rain. He ultimately tried to sell one to an undercover AFT agent.

He made a LOT of claims, such as being a reserve officer or deputy and lots of ride-alongs. He also was a grower and made edibles. A real piece of work. Someone law-abiding citizens and true gun and 2A enthusiasts should have nothing to do with if we value our rights and freedoms.

JT300

Smooth Brain in Alabama only local preferred
Jun 2, 2022
Calera AL
Yes, he made and sold lots of ARs. Yes, he was making and selling FAs. He was getting the parts from a small shop south of Birmingham. Someone above said he was sending them videos of him shooting his FAs. He sent me the same videos. He'd pull over to the side of a country road and video himself shooting the FAs--some day, some night, some in the rain. He ultimately tried to sell one to an undercover AFT agent.

He made a LOT of claims, such as being a reserve officer or deputy and lots of ride-alongs. He also was a grower and made edibles. A real piece of work. Someone law-abiding citizens and true gun and 2A enthusiasts should have nothing to do with if we value our rights and freedoms.
I got that same vid one night without him really giving any context glad i never did any deals with him.

Ed Jennings

Established Member
Jul 6, 2020
Pleasant Grove AL
I have been advised by another member that the person in question, one Shannon Bittle, has been arrested by the ATF for building and selling AR style rifles without benefit of a FFL. Also, apparently some of his builds had an additional position on the safety switch. I’m sure I’ll never see the $1K he owes me now, but he won’t be ripping anyone else off in the near future.

Lee

Established Member
Jan 29, 2016
Birmingham
Mine may be an unusual situation. I use to be an FFL, and I transferred a gun for him. He passed the BG chk, although he'd never pass today. We texted a lot, and we had built a little rapport--not really friends, but we had a mutual appreciation for guns and did several trades.

That said, at the peak of AR prices about 2 years ago, I had several ARs for sale. He said he knew a guy with a lot of money that would give him $1k per rifle. I said try these and keep anything over $750.

Fast-forward to today, I have not seen 1 cent of that money; and at this point, knowing what I know of his character and in light of his current legal troubles, I doubt I'll ever see it. My mistake... live and learn.