Be careful!

Bamarider

Established Member
Feb 1, 2016
Mountolive
Yes. Has nothing to go with this transaction, but a guy by the name of Shannon Bittle, gear2grind on this forum, beat me out of better than $1K. He was buying guns from me and flipped most of them. He was building ARs and selling without the proper FFL. Friend of mine saw where he stole from someone else as well.
Shannon Bittle out of Graysville Al. I had dealt with him a few times 2 to be exact. I met him and sold him AR parts and on the second meeting ended up buying a S&W 442 Air weight 38 +p revolver that turned out to be stolen. He would always put off meeting me till late at night both times I met with him. He has many accounts and many different names he goes by. I was able to find him by using a friend’s account and set up a deal to meet him. I was lucky to have my good friend with me that ultimately convinced him to give me my $350 back.

Gunrunner

Established Member
Jul 31, 2021
Birmingham
Back in the early fall I needed to sell a couple of pistols in order to get cash for other purchases. I sold them here on algunforum, and both were cash sales. The first one was a combination of cash app and cash, which was ok except the cash included a counterfeit $100 bill. The bank notified me about 30 minutes after I deposited it (probably a week or so after the deal). The bank asked me if I knew where I got it and I told them I did, but I would not tell them. I guess I should have. I notified the purchaser and he said he did not pay me with any $100 bills. Except he actually gave me 3 of them (the other 2 were ok). Needless to say he offered no help in the matter. The second purchaser was great! Before I did that deal I educated myself on all the things to look for. It’s really easy if you look at and feel the bill.

Anyway, my experience has been that unless it is a trade deal, it will be a cash deal. I had never had any problems before that one, but it was a painful learning experience. Do your research and learn what to look for. Avoid my experience.

And by the way, I have not seen that person on here since I confronted him. I am not on here much any more, but the times I have been he has not been. He was on here a lot. Of course, he could have changed his name on here, so beware. I talked to another person who had sold him a gun and they said he still owed them some money. No idea if it was the same issue.

Stay vigilant!
I always use a bill checking pin, you can get them at Walmart. Better to be safe

Sharpie

Established Member
May 24, 2021
Northeast 'Bama
Either give names or be quiet. You better believe if someone passes a counterfeit bill to me I'd tell the bank who it was, I'd tell the Secret Service the Sheriff and the whole 9 yards. I'd post his name and if possible picture here on the forum and all forums. Personally the fact that you won't and are being shady about the whole thing gives me bad vibes and I would think twice about doing business with you frankly.

Like someone else said - he either passed a counterfeit bill or he didn't. All you've managed to do is cast some shade on yourself.

Lesau

Established Member
Oct 11, 2018
Birmingham
Either give names or be quiet. You better believe if someone passes a counterfeit bill to me I'd tell the bank who it was, I'd tell the Secret Service the Sheriff and the whole 9 yards. I'd post his name and if possible picture here on the forum and all forums. Personally the fact that you won't and are being shady about the whole thing gives me bad vibes and I would think twice about doing business with you frankly.

Like someone else said - he either passed a counterfeit bill or he didn't. All you've managed to do is cast some shade on yourself.
All you’ve done is prove that you are a dumbass. All of your questions are answered in several of the comments in this thread. Obviously you didn’t read them all. I could care less about your opinion of me. I would NEVER do business with you . All you’ve done is cast shade on YOURSELF! LOL!

Reactions: Trs

Bamarider

Established Member
Feb 1, 2016
Mountolive
I heard he got jammed up by the feds
He was selling full auto AR’s. I sold him some AR parts one time and then he wanted to buy a couple of Glocks and when I went to meet Mr bittle he was geeking on something so I ended up not selling them to him. Both times I was meeting him it was 11-12 at night. He got busted by the ATF for 2-3 full auto AR’s.

Glassman256

Established Member
Jul 27, 2020
Sylacauga Alabama
So first you said you were ripped off,...but now you recieved a 100 in your cash app or how ever you received it ...so my opinion, you actually did get ripped off ,only recieved a counterfeit bill ...which was replaced by the one recieved by the app...????? Thanks for informing everyone,,,but I cant see now that you were actually ripped off,...sorry just my opinion and not trying to upset folks...hope all is well.. and everyone has a great day....thanks for the good information

Lesau

Established Member
Oct 11, 2018
Birmingham
So first you said you were ripped off,...but now you recieved a 100 in your cash app or how ever you received it ...so my opinion, you actually did get ripped off ,only recieved a counterfeit bill ...which was replaced by the one recieved by the app...????? Thanks for informing everyone,,,but I cant see now that you were actually ripped off,...sorry just my opinion and not trying to upset folks...hope all is well.. and everyone has a great day....thanks for the good information
Yeah, I got my money back. SIX MONTHS LATER! After I started this thread! Are you ten years old? Pay attention to dates of comments, this thread was started over a year ago I think. So yeah, I got ripped off. He paid me back after he had been arrested for the full auto stuff. No notice that he was paying me back, the money just showed up one day. But WAY after this thread was started. I guess I’m supposed to see into the future? And note, I’m not the only one on this forum to have a bad experience with him. Interesting that no one mentioned it until I did.

Ghostman153

Established Member
Dec 23, 2020
Enterprise
He was selling full auto AR’s. I sold him some AR parts one time and then he wanted to buy a couple of Glocks and when I went to meet Mr bittle he was geeking on something so I ended up not selling them to him. Both times I was meeting him it was 11-12 at night. He got busted by the ATF for 2-3 full auto AR’s.
You are correct good sir.

Lesau

Established Member
Oct 11, 2018
Birmingham
And just to clarify, I did not start the thread to go after Bittle. I simply wanted people to be aware of counterfeit bills and how to spot them. I was as much at fault for not catching it in the first place, and I said so at the time. There are 4 things to look for, all easily done once you know. Look it up. The pen can be defeated, but your eye won’t be if you just look.

Old Dog

Premium Member
Sep 23, 2023
Alabama
Nothing wrong with going after Bittle. I still could use the $1K he owes me.
Joined after reading the comments re: Bittle.He burned me also for over $1000, but Blame myself for letting my guard down. Figured if I wasn't the only one then he's a grifter and lessened my shame. New guy so hello to you folks.

Old Dog

Premium Member
Sep 23, 2023
Alabama
@Old Dog welcome good attitude about it live and learn better guy than i am id be pretty upset
Was for a while, then decided I was just better off to learn from it. Paranoid I guess now, but I only sell when I need the space for a new toy. Sorry to say, I think I was one taught him to build AR's ( not FA) and not inexpensive.Once offered to teach anyone for $25 and coffee how to build their own. Live and learn. No good deed, etc.