Coach, Coach, Coach - Please Just…Coach? (Nick Saban and “Voting Rights Legislation”)

4CERTN

Established Member
Feb 2, 2016
Alabama
(With the caveat that the man is, of course, free to speak his mind as are any of us).

(First few paragraphs only shown here; for full article, see link above):

Several West Virginia sports leaders are urging Sen. Joe Manchin III (D-W.Va.) to support federal voting rights legislation, as he remains steadfast in his refusal to change Senate rulesthat would make passing such legislation possible.

In a letter sent to Manchin last week, five sports leaders — most with ties to West Virginia — said they “strongly support urgently needed legislation that will protect both the rights of voters and the integrity of outcomes in all Federal elections.” The Freedom to Vote Act, one of two bills that Democrats are trying to advance to protect voting rights, “effectively addressed these goals,” they added.

The letter was signed by former Los Angeles Laker and NBA executive Jerry West; Nick Saban, the head football coach at the University of Alabama; former Houston Oiler and XFL commissioner Oliver Luck; former NFL linebacker Darryl Talley; and former NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue.

Last edited:

Mugi-wara

Established Member
Jan 3, 2022
NW Bama
These men may know sports, however, it seems as though they have little comprehension of the dangers of this sort of "legislation."

while I agree that they have the right to speak their opinion, it does not negate the fact that they are wrong...

Sports leaders... LOL, what a joke.

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
These men may know sports, however, it seems as though they have little comprehension of the dangers of this sort of "legislation."

while I agree that they have the right to speak their opinion, it does not negate the fact that they are wrong...

Sports leaders... LOL, what a joke.
Pretty sure Saban is trying to appeal to a certain demographic here if you catch my drift. Not the first time he's done it either.

Mugi-wara

Established Member
Jan 3, 2022
NW Bama
Pretty sure Saban is trying to appeal to a certain demographic here if you catch my drift. Not the first time he's done it either.

That is the problem with these men, they are playing politics as if it were window shopping. They probably have no idea what is in the legislation. For that matter, over half of our legislators probably have no idea what is in the bill.

This sort of behavior, whether to get likes or free press is beyond juvenile. If a man has to stoop to this sort of tactic in order to reach out to people... he is lacking something.