Coffee

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
Who Drinks coffee? Whats your brand? What you like and what do you not like?

I usually drink great value Columbia brand but want to venture outside my box.

kenny1773

Established Member
Nov 28, 2018
Birmingham
I am a fellow coffee drinker. I don't like bitter coffee ;) but other than that I like a lot of different types.

I am equally as interested in the way the coffee is made as I am the beans it was made from.

I usually brew a couple different ways depending on time.
The best tasting way is to cold brew, then next I use an aeropress,

and I do also have a single cup brewer (like a keurig but a knockoff) for when I am just in a hurry (but that tastes the worst).

Keeping in the easy to buy and great priced coffee, I really like
Sam’s Choice Brazil Minas Gerais Ground Coffee, Medium Roast, 12 oz

You can get at many walmarts (do not have to be a Sams member)

I like a lot of the Mexican Chiapas style coffee too
something like this

There are a few more I have tried (random sales/coupons off amazon) that I like, but again depends on how it is brewed.

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
I had two Keriugs (sp?) but I drink so much coffee is was getting to expensive to maintain. I went back to a pot and am happy with my choice. I like rich smooth taste. I do not like folgers or maxwell coffees they are not strong enough for me. I have had starbucks christmas blend and its ok not my preferred choice. I will have to look at those you mentioned.

kenny1773

Established Member
Nov 28, 2018
Birmingham
The cost of keurig k-cup pods is the reason I say I have a machine like a keurig but a knockoff :) Its a hamilton beach, but has a re-useable k-cup pod container. I just buy regular ground coffee and put a scoop in the pod, brew, clean it out and reuse. It also has the traditional auto drip makes a whole pot option as well.

k-cups are insanely expensive most of the time, each company has to pay a license fee to use them.

If you like strong, but still with good flavor, try this one (the Brazil blend I listed above might not have enough kick, the Chiapas will though)

Kicking Horse Coffee, Grizzly Claw, Dark Roast

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
I just figured out my Walmart does not carry much so I’ll have to start ordering some small packs of coffee to see what I like but the great value Columbian blend is my go to at the moment.

US1 Guns

Established Member
Oct 3, 2019
Scottsboro,Al.

I tried and got addicted to Seattle`s Best(WalMart carries it).I like the Dark Roast "Fair Trade".......great taste.
My favorite brewing method if I wasn`t so lazy is to make it with a French press style.It does NOT filter out the oils which really make for a smoother richer taste.thought it was a fad till I bought the system for like $25?
But alas I`m lazy so I buy the ground Seattle`s Best and perk it.

Rumrunner

Established Member
Jul 16, 2018
Athens

I try different bags off the Walmart shelf but I’ve had two different bags of Black Rifle Coffee and they were both awesome. I don’t know if they still carry it but the “Berzerker Blend” was the better one.

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
I have yet to try it, I do know that Dollar General coffee is terrible and I cant wait to run out. I drink so much I tend to lean to whats cheaper.

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
I need to find some good coffee grounds, my wife has recently took up drinking coffee. I’m afraid if I get good coffee she won’t like it LOL. She only drinks Starbucks mixed and now she found a creamer she likes.

dmrice251

Established Member
Aug 17, 2019
Baldwin County
I drink Community Coffee Breakfast blend or dark blend at the house. My wife is more picky than I am, but we both like good coffee. Coffee is one of those items that is ridiculously cheap at Sam’s compared to integer stores. We get a 40 oz bag for around $13. At work we have a Keurig so I buy Black Rifle Coffee rounds for work. I really like their silencer smooth and patriot roast. I used to spend a stupid amount of money at coffee shops while I was at work. Now I put that money towards BRCC.

John B

Established Member
Aug 25, 2018
Fairhope, Alabama
My coffee of choice is Tim Hortons. Its the #1 coffee in Canada. Great stuff. I buy it in Sams club when I visit my son in Ohio. When I don't have it, I drink Dunkin Donuts coffee.