Colt Python

OlScout

Nov 28, 2023
Birmingham
Hey everyone. New to the forum and looking here and there for information on how trades might work. I currently have a 4.25" 2nd generation Python .357 new, never shot, but I would prefer the 6" model. Any suggestions on how to go about that? Are there local dealers in Birmingham area that do trades, or elsewhere?

Thanks in advance!

kwb377

Established Member
Dec 16, 2019
B'ham
You'd be much better off to sell it outright, then go buy the model you're looking for. You  might get @40% of its value on a trade, and even though its unfired it's still considered "used".

rmjm0704

Established Member
Nov 21, 2020
Gardendale
Hey everyone. New to the forum and looking here and there for information on how trades might work. I currently have a 4.25" 2nd generation Python .357 new, never shot, but I would prefer the 6" model. Any suggestions on how to go about that? Are there local dealers in Birmingham area that do trades, or elsewhere?

Thanks in advance!
Is yours a Bright SS or Nickel?

jeffalgol

Established Member
Jan 14, 2023
Bessemer
Honestly I'd say sell it first,that way you have the more options to get one. From a dealer or a individual. I remember buying my python and 29 from Birmingham pistol wholesale they may have a 6 inch barrel python.

rmjm0704

Established Member
Nov 21, 2020
Gardendale

Thanks in advance!
If you decide to sell it let me know. I’d be interested if it is the BSS. You can reach on my cell 205-914-0097.