Concealed Carry AIWB holster

RMils78

May 14, 2021
Pell City
Does anyone apendix carry a sig P320 full size?
I'm a bigger guy and having a hard time finding a holster that works. The beaver tail usually digs into my stomach. I should have gotten a Glock 19 Instead. I have large hands so most smaller handguns don't feel good to me

DumpsterDog

Established Member
Aug 2, 2022
Birmingham, AL
I think there's just some guys who can comfortably conceal and carry a full size handgun, but I'm not one of them.

I bought a PHLster Enigma chassis and it is nice, it does what it claims. There's a ton of adjustment in it so that IF you can carry it, I think that's the best option.

I decided that if I'm going to carry AIWB that I'll have to have a barrel ~4in so that it does not dig into the top of my thigh. The beavertail would be rough on the gut I bet.

DumpsterDog

Established Member
Aug 2, 2022
Birmingham, AL
I think it CAN be the most uncomfortable position with wrong setup, however I'd take AIWB over 3 o'clock all day long. I can still feel the pain on my hip bone.

Diff'rent strokes. AIWB is right for me 95% of the time. 3:30-4 is right for alot of folks.

kwb377

Established Member
Dec 16, 2019
B'ham
If you want comfort, stop trying to carry AIWB. It is about the worst of the possible concealed carry positions.

My off-duty carry method is 100% AIWB. I carry either a P365 or a Max-9 in a JM Custom Kydex AIWB, and after 5 minutes I forget it's there. I also sometimes carry a P10C in the same holster and while it doesn't disappear comfort-wise, I have no comfort issues with it. Carrying appendix is all about finding the right holster...it took me a while and some $$.

DumpsterDog

Established Member
Aug 2, 2022
Birmingham, AL
When I'm sitting the front of the holster rests right in the thigh crease, hardly noticeable with the right setup at 12:30 or so. I can very easily and safely draw while seated with a seatbelt on. That's one of the primary reasons I choose AIWB. I absolutely cannot draw comfortably (or safely in my opinion) from 4 o'clock with the seatbelt on.