coronavirus wuhan china

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
I would wait a few more days before trading I think we are going to see a drop off, a bad decline in the next few days.

SF does need to close being to liberal but I’m afraid they are setting president for other cities to follow.

I am a blue collar worker and do not need to be off at all so a shut down would put me under the bank and may leave me in a hole I’ll never climb out of without major help.

This weekend we are suppose to go to Tennessee ripely aquarium and I am not sure if we are going to be able to go or not which sucks because everyone requested off for my sons 3rd birthday party for it.

kenny1773

Established Member
Nov 28, 2018
Birmingham
The San Fran close is not as serious as it first looks

Residents are asked to only leave their homes for “essential needs,” which include visiting a doctor, getting food and supplies, and caring for a family member in another household, among other activities

Here are the details

The restaurant business is hit the hardest

I know unemployment isn't a lot of cash, but its better than nothing if you are unable to work due to this outbreak

Credit cards look like they also may help out

I agree with you that it is better to work and earn money, but some things are out of your control.

I am still not sure what to believe with regards to the virus and it's REAL danger vs media hype danger. It's easy enough for me to just stay home (I work from home) my wife was told by her company that she can't work (and she most likely cannot receive any assistance because she is not a regularly scheduled employee) so just riding it out. I have a little saved for a rainy day, so just going to bite into that if I need to (but if I am not out doing and spending much that should even out with wife not working)

or I can always sell ammo, the thieves at cheaper than dirt are asking $1 for a round of 223

I don't think I would plan a trip to something like an aquarium at this point in time, but that is just me ;)

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
Im with you on the what to believe and what not to I think its all hype really.

Also, We just found out they have closed so no trip this week.

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
Yes closing the money makers are big news I think we will see the peak and it will be gone after two weeks or everyone is infected and starts to build the Immune towards it.

kenny1773

Established Member
Nov 28, 2018
Birmingham
I am still sitting here looking at the stock market and all the other shit going on and thinking to myself

THIS CAN'T BE BECAUSE OF A FLU LIKE VIRUS

WTF are we not being told? What are we missing?

I would say a leftist conspiracy against Trump, but that doesn't explain why 3000 people in Italy have died (roughly 8%, yes Eight percent) of those that were tested as infected - which is a twisted number as not everyone infected was tested -

The things I have thought of:

1. a massive globalist conspiracy to screw over the US financially (or globalist profit from stock market crash and recovery)
2. This virus isn't just the next level of flu like symptoms, but it really is a killer and just how bad is being talked down to not cause more of a panic
3. this is a test of some sorts
?
?

Can't believe this is face value as being presented

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
China... new trade deal from trump isn’t sitting well so they release a problem to cause issues for the US economy???

Just a thought I read somewhere.

kenny1773

Established Member
Nov 28, 2018
Birmingham
The unknowns are the issue here. I have been reading more and more about how supply chains in the US are expecting disruption from this. There is plenty of food, but, getting that food in peoples hands has a lot of steps, including the final point of sale at the store, the process from end to end has a lot of room for failure.

Meat producers in the US have shitty benefits for workers (like no sick leave, but some are adopting a temp sick leave policy) so they expect a slow down in meat processing and leaving the factory as infections spike up and people are sick.

I fired up an old chest freezer that I have not used in years last night. Tossed a couple bottles of water in it to make sure it still worked, and it does, they were frozen solid this morning.

Went to the store and stocked up on frozen stuff

The store seemed to have plenty of foods, fresh and frozen, meat and veggie, and the bread isle was stocked, canned goods a little sparse, but NO TOILET PAPER LOL
I even manged to find cases of water

Got just about everything I set out to get and a couple things I just got because they were there. Freezer all stocked up, don't plan to leave my house for 2 weeks at this point (and maybe longer if the number of infections starts to climb out of control)

If you figure China finally stabilized at roughly 80k infection afters 3-4 months, the US should be able to do a better job, but who knows. I think the medical industry here is scared as they know they don't have enough beds to make a difference in a pandemic.

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
We are going to see a spike in cases, We went grocery shopping today and found quite a bit of water. We didnt get many meats and we have many canned good and stuff. We will see the most development over the next 14 days. If we do not contain in 14 days then we are going to see stricter limitations.

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
some have posted on facebook to expect a quarantine in the next 48 hours. Time to clean and load the firearms.

kenny1773

Established Member
Nov 28, 2018
Birmingham
I keep reading all the comments about a federal mandated quarantine are fake news put in place by bad actors to stir up panic

I know some states have made statements about shutting down non-essentials, but that is about it - California I am looking at you

Here is the link to the L.A. County info, this was about the most detailed I could find (I went through this exercise last week, I am a remote manager and I have employees in California). It allows for a lot of traveling about.

YOU CAN …
  • Go to the grocery, convenience or warehouse store
  • Go to the pharmacy to pick up medications and other healthcare necessities
  • Go to medical appointments (check with your doctor or provider first)
  • Go to a restaurant for take-out, delivery or drive-thru
  • Care or support a friend or family member
  • Take a walk, ride your bike, hike, jog and be in nature for exercise — just keep at least six feet between you and others in the community.
  • Walk your pets and take them to the veterinarian if necessary
  • Help someone to get necessary supplies
YOU SHOULD NOT …
  • Go to work unless you are providing essential services as defined by this Order
  • Visit friends and family if there is no urgent need
  • Maintain less than 6 feet of distance from others when you go out
  • Visit loved ones in the hospital, nursing home, skilled nursing facility, or other residential care facility

kenny1773

Established Member
Nov 28, 2018
Birmingham
Here is a good video that explains what happens with Covid 19

It would seriously suck to see 1 million cases in the US

copperhead-1911

Established Member
Feb 29, 2016
New castle/livingston
we are going through all this because some china man cant get it up and has to eat some weird animal that is endangered that will cost thousands of americans their lives. Get a damn cheeseburger and some coors light.

China needs to pay I hope we find some way to to get companies out of there.

kenny1773

Established Member
Nov 28, 2018
Birmingham
A lawyer in Texas has filed a lawsuit against China

will be interesting to see how this plays out

I think a better course of action would be for America to just quietly bring manufacturing capabilities back to the United States
and just stop buying things from China
the problem will fix itself at that point

This is something that has always baffled me, WHY O WHY does America do business with a communist country that has ZERO support for human rights or freedom? I can say the same about several other countries we do business with. Let;s just start to reduce that and bring the money back home.

Rayd8

Established Member
Army
Feb 11, 2019
Rocket City
Unfortunately, it's not like going through a bad divorce. China has been buying our debt and Treasury notes for some time:

The US demand for cheaper products coupled with China's lower standard of living and wages fueled our dependence. Quick thought exercise, take everything out of your house that was made in China (pretty much every phone, computer, etc). Then think about what it would cost to replace if it was made in the US (or some other 1st World country).

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
Unfortunately, it's not like going through a bad divorce. China has been buying our debt and Treasury notes for some time:

The US demand for cheaper products coupled with China's lower standard of living and wages fueled our dependence. Quick thought exercise, take everything out of your house that was made in China (pretty much every phone, computer, etc). Then think about what it would cost to replace if it was made in the US (or some other 1st World country).

To add to this you would think that but in reality if you search hard enough there are things that are made in America that could replace. But in the end the cheaper stuff does come from China, which is why tariffs make a difference if it cost as much to import as it does to make here more things might come back to America.

Now Over 1000 cases in Alabama, still no stay-at-home order and the next 2 weeks are going to be tougher and I see this lasting until Fall. So anything you have planned for summer might go up in smoke.

kenny1773

Established Member
Nov 28, 2018
Birmingham
The reality is the leaders of the United States paved the way for china to make everything and make us dependent on imports.
It could have been prevented or executed completely differently with a different future.

Who do you think really made the money off of us peasants being able to by less expensive junk?

yes 1000 cases in AL
Testing has a lag, so that is already an old number
it will keep going up

What scares me is Italy 110,000 confirmed infected and 13,000 dead
Stay at home order or not, my stupid a** is staying home

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
I agree, but I’m glad to still be working at the moment. I have read from a number of sources I trust that a stay at home order may be coming today or Monday. We will see.

I’m just being very careful and washing my hands a lot. Avoiding going to places unless I have to and mainly just work-home. Except for the weekly grocery run.