coronavirus wuhan china

kenny1773

Established Member
Nov 28, 2018
Birmingham
I am glad to still be working too, and having some open discussions with my manager, looks like I should continue to work (again I work from home anyway) through all of this.

The media is finally coming clean, masks DO work (bunch of lying SOBs when they said they don't)

They are also now saying the virus is 'lighter than air' so it can float around (I guess they are sticking to 3 hours for now) and that has me concerned to go to a store without a mask (gloves I am not so concerned about, I can wash hands)

Looking at ordering stuff online from the big sellers, more and more and more items are now out of stock or only available in store
On top of that, shipping is slowing
various store employees are talking about walking out and/or wanting hazard pay, at the least they should be provided masks and gloves, but I get there isn't enough to go around at this point

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
So far I have always found what I needed not wanted, I did order some boots from amazon the other night. But lets talk long term-economy.

How are any of you preparing for the economy downfall i forsee coming. I am worried that this will send us down to a slow economy again.

kenny1773

Established Member
Nov 28, 2018
Birmingham
I can find what I need for the most part, but certainly cannot find what I want.

We are not starving, but you can't deny more bare shelves today than 2 weeks ago.

Is this is a sign of people hoarding? or is this a sign of supply chains breaking down?
and how would you ever know the truth?

The big question that no one can answer is How Long? How long is this situation going to exist?
Once you can see the light at the end of the tunnel you can start to plan. Until then you just have to survive it.

The economy is going to be toast, but once there is any indication this situation will end, I expect the economy will resume and recover as quickly as it can. It will probably take a second stimulus to the people and to small business to get them started again.

The rest of the world is probably going to be worse off than the USA....

Rayd8

Established Member
Army
Feb 11, 2019
Rocket City
I don’t go out but perhaps once per week when needed for work. The stores seem to be getting more meat and poultry in. No disinfectant or toilet paper. I imagine I’ll roll my own Clorox wipes before this ends.

Good call on the second stimulus and I agree. I think we’ll need a pretty good jump start after this wave.

dmrice251

Established Member
Aug 17, 2019
Baldwin County
My mom sent me an interesting article last night. Her theory is that most of the hysteria has been trumped up by the left to unseat Trump in November. I don't think that she's wrong. I think that it's going to backfire on them. Most polls state that most Americans think Trump is doing a good job handling the virus. Check out this video and let me know what you think:

https://www.grassfire.com/26k_fewer...ospital_beds_predictions_counterdrudge_4_7_20

kenny1773

Established Member
Nov 28, 2018
Birmingham

kenny1773

Established Member
Nov 28, 2018
Birmingham
I have not followed up with the FOP range lately, they sent a letter saying they were open and could reserve private range times if you call ahead, but I am not planning on any outings to go shoot at the moment. I might call them at some point just to see.