Coyote calls

Mark_C

Established Member
Jun 7, 2023
Trussville
I bought a Rabbit Distress bleat call to try to bring out coyotes. The thing sounds like a dying duck call. I think that the coyotes are hiding in the bushes laughing at me when I use it. I’ve seen where you can download audio files of certain coyote growls, barks, yelps, and howls to — I assume — play from your phone or maybe a portable audio player. It doesn’t seem that a phone could match the volume of an actual coyote and I think it would look silly to carry a boombox out in the woods.

What types of practical coyote calls do any of you use?

Dave1219

Established Member
Feb 7, 2021
Huntsville
I bought a Rabbit Distress bleat call to try to bring out coyotes. The thing sounds like a dying duck call. I think that the coyotes are hiding in the bushes laughing at me when I use it. I’ve seen where you can download audio files of certain coyote growls, barks, yelps, and howls to — I assume — play from your phone or maybe a portable audio player. It doesn’t seem that a phone could match the volume of an actual coyote and I think it would look silly to carry a boombox out in the woods.

What types of practical coyote calls do any of you use?
Buy an entry level Foxpro call I probably killed 20-25 coyotes with the first call I had and still have which is a Foxpro Inferno. You will be hooked then you can buy an XS2 or an X24. I am a coyote hunting addict.

ZachBaty

Established Member
Aug 11, 2023
Alexander City, AL
I have a Foxpro Patriot and have killed 16 coyotes with it using mainly a cotton tail distress. The past 2 years the coyotes have not came in to the call at all. I’ve tried changing the calls up and still no luck. I know they are in the area because I’m getting a ton of trail cam pics.

Dave1219

Established Member
Feb 7, 2021
Huntsville
I have a Foxpro Patriot and have killed 16 coyotes with it using mainly a cotton tail distress. The past 2 years the coyotes have not came in to the call at all. I’ve tried changing the calls up and still no luck. I know they are in the area because I’m getting a ton of trail cam pics.
Change up the calls. They get educated on rabbit distress, I recommend watching some Foxpro YouTube TV and they address different calls to use, so many options.