Deer Season 23-24

tristan.guffey

Established Member
May 18, 2023
Wetumpka
Well now that turkey is done, who all is already ready for deer again? Last year left me with a couple of missed opportunities, despite getting a doe and a buck near the end of season. Should have had 2 more nice bucks if I had executed better. Guess that's why I am counting days again already!

Anyone have plans for new strategies this season, or what success from last year are you trying to duplicate for this next season?
PXL_20230128_233210121.jpg

PXL_20230122_173306178.MP.jpg 1673359738759.jpg

Brad B

Established Member
Mar 23, 2019
Haleyville
Well now that turkey is done, who all is already ready for deer again? Last year left me with a couple of missed opportunities, despite getting a doe and a buck near the end of season. Should have had 2 more nice bucks if I had executed better. Guess that's why I am counting days again already!

Anyone have plans for new strategies this season, or what success from last year are you trying to duplicate for this next season?
View attachment 9736

View attachment 9737 View attachment 9738
I’m counting down the days myself lol. I love Deer season, I Coon hunt to but Deer season is what I’m most passionate about lol.

Zerofoxtrot

Established Member
Aug 1, 2023
Athens
Just moved back to white tail country from Cali. Will be sighting in my new Ruger SFAR 20” and Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 5x25x50 7 EBR MRAD soon. Will begin researching good public land locations soon!

Shocker

Established Member
Mar 26, 2023
Bibb Co
Thats more of a cow elk rig than a Bama deer set up.

I'm used to hunting in MI so last year I passed on several does that I thought were yearlings, until my brother pointed out that these little dog sized does in this state rarely exceed 100lbs.

Even more ironic cause I bought a 16" SFAR to put my Ti suppressor on and use it for cow elk in AZ this fall.

ZachBaty

Established Member
Aug 11, 2023
Alexander City, AL
Just a couple more months and bow season will be here. I’ve used a Tethrd saddle setup for the past 2 years but XOP Treestands was suppose to drop an extremely light open front climber this summer but I haven’t seen it available anywhere yet. The videos from shot show has me very interested.