Deer Season

madmyk

Established Member
Jan 11, 2021
What times are the coming out?
I have a herd of does that are out about 7pm every night, then again at about 3am.
The couple of bucks that come visit have been really scattered as for time. A 4am here, a 7:30am there.. but nothing "scheduled". I have only caught the bucks on camera about 4 times all season. Last year it was almost nightly.
All in all, they are doing what they do - staying mostly nocturnal during hunting season.

madmyk

Established Member
Jan 11, 2021
@madmyk heck man I keep getting them on camera but haven't seen anything in person since I shot my first
I have had a couple of does that showed up during legal hours but they were in an unsafe to shoot at direction so I had to pass, other than that it has been all on camera for me this year.

DD_Dinosaur

Established Member
Oct 25, 2020
I have had a couple of does that showed up during legal hours but they were in an unsafe to shoot at direction so I had to pass, other than that it has been all on camera for me this year.
Same. I have shot the deer I have seen in person this year. I guess that's good though..... I can say I'm 100% haha

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Yeah I think alot of it has to do with the Old man moving his blinds and shooting houses all around the property the whole time. He is the only one shooting any lol
Yeah that will spook em. Deer need a while to get used to something like that being in their environment before they'll be comfortable in that area.

Lance

Established Member
Jun 6, 2021
Wanna see why I'm so happy?

Attachments

• BigGrin.jpg
    BigGrin.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 0

Lance

Established Member
Jun 6, 2021
Very nice deer! You get him recently? If so great way to end a season!
Got him on the 6th. Cruising for does, downwind of food plot, at 11:28 AM. During the rut, it pays hunters to skip lunch!!

longhunter09

Established Member
Jul 20, 2021
Took him last week of the season. I let him walk a couple times but needed the meat. I wish doe season stayed in until the end of gun season in my county.

Attachments

• 20220201_070659.jpg
    20220201_070659.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 5

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Took him last week of the season. I let him walk a couple times but needed the meat. I wish doe season stayed in until the end of gun season in my county.
Eh, he probably needed to go for the health of the heard. Some wonky genetics on that one.