Do Not Buy A Safe From Haley's Flooring In Huntsville!!!

CamaroLovr

Established Member
Jan 2, 2018
Huntsville, AL
Buyer Beware!!! Do not buy anything from this business if you expect any timely or respectful service.

I first called to get a price on a safe and expressed my concern about the installation and was assured they could install it into my daylight basement by rolling it on the grass down and back up a hill without a problem. I went to the store on December 20th and purchased a large Liberty Lincoln safe weighing nearly 1200 lbs. The salesman claimed they could swap the mechanical dial lock for an electric keypad lock in house by their locksmith in no time. It cost $3400 total. I was quoted a delivery date for December 26th.

The first problem came when I got a call on the 26th that the locksmith hadn’t come in due to the flu and couldn’t install the lock, so they’d have to reschedule. (Aren’t their other locksmiths in Huntsville that could have been called to do this simple install) I offered to have them deliver the safe but come back and install the new lock later, but they wouldn’t consider this option either.

Due to them not knowing when the locksmith would be back, we then went through the rest of the week on a day by day basis. He scheduled me each morning for the next day to see if the locksmith would show but he never did. On Friday, the 29th , the salesman scheduled me for Tuesday the 2nd .

I got a call from the installers on the 2nd to prepare me for the delivery and they asked if they were just dropping it on concrete and rolling it in and I said that no they would have to drop it on the driveway and roll in on the grass on a hill all the way around the house into the daylight basement. He claimed that it wasn’t written on the ticket that way, but he’d make it happen (obviously no communication between depts). He then showed up with one other person. Two people to roll a 1200 lb safe down a hill, back up into the basement, remove the pallet from under the safe? He obviously quickly reneged saying there was no way he could install it with only two people and we’d have to once again reschedule when he had at least 4 people. He knew it was on a hill before he came, he should have had 4 people!!!

I called the store manager to get an explanation with hopes that they would try to make it right with me since I’d had to stay home for 4 days waiting on them to bring the safe and then it not happening. She simply just wanted to reschedule to the 11th. No apology, no refund of the delivery charge, no offer of a price drop, no offer to expedite the delivery or install on Saturday (the installer made it clear the company was too cheap to pay for overtime). They have no respect for my time, they just expected me to take off another day from work like it’s no big deal and for me to just be at their mercy as to whether they’d actually install it on that day.

Their salesmen make promises they have no idea whether they can keep, they obviously don’t listen to the answers to their own questions or they’d of known the terrain they were dealing with and planned accordingly, I talked to both the store manager and owner and they refused to try to make me happy even though it was their screw up. The owner even went as far as to say that they sell 7-8 safes a week so they’re busy. As if I’m not important enough to go to the extra hassle and make me a priority.

They could have hired another locksmith, installed the safe then installed the new lock later, called in 2 more people and paid them overtime for an hour, installed on a Saturday, refund my delivery fee, hell even just offered to buy me lunch. All of these solutions would have cost less than $100 and I'd have been happy. They're too worried about making every cent they can make. Absolutely no solutions were even offered so I elected to get a refund and purchase my safe somewhere they treat their customers with respect.

I hope this shows you who you’re dealing with and you decide not to give them any of your hard-earned money. No Mr. Haley, nobody is perfect, people make mistakes, but good businesses own up to it and try to make it right.

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
That really sucks, Sorry to hear your experience. I would show up and make a big ass of my self but it would make me feel better, I would be such a pain in the ass to them that they would either refund or get it done.

CamaroLovr

Established Member
Jan 2, 2018
Huntsville, AL
Yeah I went and got a refund. There was a guy leaving that had just bought a new safe and I so wanted to yell out real loud that he shouldn't expect a delivery any time soon and just be an ass but I was afraid I wouldn't be able to control myself. The first thing that came out of the owners mouth was "I just need the card to credit the account". Not "sorry", not "how can I make this up to you since this was our mess up", just "ok cya later". I've worked in retail for years and still work a 2nd part time job in retail just to afford things like this and if my District manager heard that a situation like this had been handled this way he'd fire me!!! That much money may be chump change to Mr. big shot Haley but I worked my ass off for it and I don't deserve to be dismissed like i'm meaningless.