Does Anyone Else Here Reload?

Skrimps

Established Member
Apr 21, 2023
Huntsville, AL
I got big into reloading. Started with some Lee single stage stuff and by the end of it had a Dillon XL650. It is expensive but very fun and relaxing. After I filled up a few ammo cans with reloads I lost interest in reloading, and pretty much got out of it completely when I moved here to AL. Not sure i'll get back into it again but I did enjoy it. If I do get back into it, it would probably be for single stage precision stuff, but I don't want to have to re-buy everything I sold last year.

Rumrunner

Established Member
Jul 16, 2018
Athens
I'm new here to the forum. However, I have been reloading/hand loading for 20 years now. I have a Dillon RL 550 currently. This is my third press, I started with a "Square Deal B" and built that up, sold it and bought another rig. After selling that machine, I now have my last set up (no more selling) in my Dillon RL 550.

I have loaded the following calibers (not in any particular order) - .38/.357 magnum, 9mm, .40 S&W, .45 ACP, 5.56mm and .270 Win.

Sometimes I don't know whether I enjoy reloading more or shooting more.
I always thought there was almost as much fun in the reloading hobby as plinking.

chefguy

Established Member
Dec 9, 2023
Athens, Alabama
I've been reloading for many years but haven't been lately. I used to reload for my S&W Victory models in .38 S&W as well as my precision long range rifles. I intend to get back into reloading soon as I am building a 6mm ARC long range rifle and want to be able to shoot it often. I'm also interested in reloading some rounds to shoot my recently acquired S&W .44 Russian, originally a black powder cartridge. If you have info on this please DM me. See you at the range!

Last edited:

swons

Established Member
Jan 31, 2024
Fort Payne
I've been reloading for about 5-6 years...it's what I do for fun. I started with a Hornady LnL kit and still use it...added a few items along the way, of course. It's been tough last couple of years with trying to find primers, powder, bullets, etc...and the prices going through the roof...but I still enjoy it.

Shootist00

Established Member
Aug 31, 2023
I've been reloading on and off for 30+ years. First when I lived in NY then a lot when I moved to Georgia in the 90's and started USPSA and now that I live in Alabama and shoot about 3 matches a month and go to the range nearly once a week.
Started with Lee stuff, Pro 1000, then moved to Dillon XL650 in 99. Still using the Dillon and recently added a Lee APP (Automatic Processing Press) for decapping and some swaging. The Lee App is fast but like most all Lee stuff a little buggy and can get FUed easily. But it has worked.

Load mostly pistol calibers but also do 223/5.56 and 308.

I like to reload because I like to shoot. Went to the range yesterday and shoot 200 40S&W and about 260 9MM. Went to the local AL Wildlife range this morning and found out it doesn't open back up till Feb 7. So will be there next Friday and at a USPSA match on Saturday.