Does anyone mess with a revolver ?

cutt

Established Member
Jul 11, 2020
st.clair county
Have they gone by the wayside, are people not shooting them ? Or have the semi autos just take over because of mag capacity ?

Bama55

Established Member
Oct 10, 2021
Woodstock, AL
I love shooting single action revolvers, both black powder muzzle loading and smokeless cartridge ones.
I have had a Taylor/Pietta 1873 in .45 Colt for about a year and hadn't shot it, until today. Shot a few 200 grain Cowboy Loads, and thought recoil is nothing. Then I loaded a couple of 255 grain SWC's regular load. Was surprised at the recoil. Those two were boogers. I don't know what the load was but it was close to .41 Magnum recoil. My first experience with .45 Colt, and I loved it.

Cheekibreeki

Established Member
Mar 21, 2021
Mobile
I have had a Taylor/Pietta 1873 in .45 Colt for about a year and hadn't shot it, until today. Shot a few 200 grain Cowboy Loads, and thought recoil is nothing. Then I loaded a couple of 255 grain SWC's regular load. Was surprised at the recoil. Those two were boogers. I don't know what the load was but it was close to .41 Magnum recoil. My first experience with .45 Colt, and I loved it.
Awesome man, 45 Colt is a fun time I wish more people would try it out.

KC1911

Established Member
Jun 5, 2017
LA
First gun I ever bought was a Kimber 1911 followed by a glock 19. Then I found the world of blowbacks with the Walter PPK and sig p232 and p230, Bersa thunder. Then I bought the Smith and Wesson 640, then ruger sp101. I liked them all but i didn’t love anything like when I got my SW model 17 10 shot .22lr. Bought the 617 and now i have all kinds of wheelies. thinking about the .454, but the 41 and 44 magnums already hurt me enough. As for carrying goes, it depends on what I’m doing and where I am. Camping I always have a 357 on my, but for bike rides or something more active I tend to carry something smaller and lighter (sw bodyguard 380). Traveling I have a revolver and a full size pistol (P226) so a little something for everything.

Bama55

Established Member
Oct 10, 2021
Woodstock, AL
I have been looking for a 3” K frame FS, RB, HB .357. Either a 13 or a 65. I’d really like to find a Model 65 Ladysmith 3” with the shrouded ejector rod. They’re so scarce is part of the reason I bought the Kimber 3” K6s DASA
I sent you a message.

Yep, the 3" K frames have become very popular in the last few years. I got a 3" 13 when they first came out. Traded it, then picked up this one a year or so later. Back in the '80s I would go to a private range with a friend. When we stayed late, about dusk I would fire off a couple of Norma 125's just for the fireball. Looking back, I really think they were too hot for a K frame.

Last edited:

SandyShooter

Established Member
Aug 13, 2022
Gulf Coast
I sent you a message.

Yep, the 3" K frames have become very popular in the last few years. I got a 3" 13 when they first came out. Traded it, then picked up this one a year or so later. Back in the '80s I would go to a private range with a friend. When we stayed late, about dusk I would fire off a couple of Norma 125's just for the fireball. Looking back, I really think they were too hot for a K frame.

My last wheel gun duty gun was a 4” fixed sights L frame 681, which I carried for a couple of years before going to a SIG P226 on duty or a P225 off duty. I had started in LE with a 4” 66.
I believe the 4” 681 may have been the ultimate fighting revolver