Does anyone mess with a revolver ?

FatDog

Established Member
Oct 24, 2023
Birmingham, AL
Love'em. I carry a S&W Mod36. I enjoy shooting revolvers at the range because I don't have to bend over and gather all my brass after shooting a couple hundred rounds.

Mississippi97

Established Member
Jan 5, 2021
Mobile/Baldwin County
Even as kid in the 80s and 90s I was skeptical of semiautos. I guess it could have been from all the westerns I watched where revolvers were everywhere. I did eventually get over it lol. My first handgun was a stainless GP100 with a 4” barrel, hogue grips. Have had a Single Six with 22lr and 22wmr cylinders. Still have an early 70s Colt Cobra, 6 shot 38spl and still carry it sometimes. And have my Dads old Taurus 82. Would like to get a Redhawk 44mag at some point and a single action cowboy revolver in 38spl.

RandyG357

Established Member
Nov 7, 2023
Pelham
I have plenty of wheelguns.
Ruger Wrangler, Colt Detective Special, 2” model 10, 3” K model 64 (in 357), 4” model 28, 4” 329PD, 4” 500 Mag

Bocasben

Nov 30, 2023
Ozark
I have a gp 100 and love it. But I use it mostly in the the woods against the 4 legged attackers or belly crawlers.

Davidhambey

Established Member
Dec 31, 2023
Anniston, AL
Revolvers are still relevant. They are just not in fashion. For deep concealment an airweight .38 Special loaded with 148 grain wadcutters is as good as it gets for plugging bad guys.
I think an air weight is gonna be my next splurge purchase for a pistol. My sister has one and loves it.

Frankly

Dec 27, 2023
HSV
Recommend the M&P 43c is an Air Light J-frame that holds eight rounds of 22lr. Much easier to shoot under stress, super compact and reliable. It may not stop a large brutish animal but if your primary goal is to escape the confrontation and not blow their head off these are great EDC options that are easy to carry all day long. If you want to blow their head off get the shotgun with #4 buckshot and shoot at close range ;-p

Seriously the bad guy doesn't care about your caliber, only your accuracy. A 22lr allows you shoot accurate follow up shots and more of them than a 38/9mm/357 J-frame.

Also I think the light J-frames are near impossible to shoot well in real calibers but nothing else conceals better, including micro-9s, Glock 43s, P365s, Shields, etc. because I've owned them all before.

Concealed carry only works if you actually carry. If I had to carry a 28 ounce full size gun I might pass on hot days, dress up, parties and event days, etc. (and hot summer months, parties are usually the most violent occasions.)

Haven't tested this in court but by using 22lr it demonstrates you are using it to escape a violent confrontation rather than attacking someone with deadly intent. As always it's better not to find out.

Perfect gun for hiking, biking and drinking coffee.

Last edited:

dvs6

Dec 31, 2022
Morgan County
As the older I get, I feel like I am swaying more to revolvers these days. Plastic autos have no soul. I either carry a S&W 642 or a 1911 and just picked up a S&W 686+.

dvs6