Dove shoot

dc2010

Established Member
Apr 21, 2022
woodstock
Anybody know of any doves shoots this year around shelby/bibb county or anywhere in general that would be worth the drive?

dc2010

Established Member
Apr 21, 2022
woodstock
i have been hunting the cahaba WMA in past years and the birds have just not been as good as they were when i first started hunting doves on cahaba wma 3 or 4 seasons ago.

dc2010

Established Member
Apr 21, 2022
woodstock
Hollins WMA. That's the only reason I buy a wma license every year. We usually have 15-20 in our group on opening day. Usually limit out although there have been years of only a handful of birds killed.
correct me if i am wrong, from my understanding you do not have to buy a WMA license to hunt doves on a wildlife management area... the management area license is for turkey, hogs, and deer. all you need is a daily permit. or to check in on the outdoor alabama app.

Jpope

Established Member
Aug 5, 2021
Childersburg, AL
correct me if i am wrong, from my understanding you do not have to buy a WMA license to hunt doves on a wildlife management area... the management area license is for turkey, hogs, and deer. all you need is a daily permit. or to check in on the outdoor alabama app.
Don't know the legality of it and really don't care. I hunt their field which costs money to plant and maintain. I buy the license. Pretty cut and dry. The ADCNR does not get money from the general fund. Without people buying the license whether it's required or not, the WMA does not exist.