Eform 4 Wait Times

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
Anyone have any recent luck with the eforms for suppressors? I did an individual eform in mid June and still nothing. The ATF claimed 90 days or less and obviously that isn’t true. I’m currently over 120 days and counting.

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
Not an e-form, but I did a paper Form 4 back in January that I'm still waiting on but that's not unusual

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
There were lots of stories of approvals in only a few weeks early on in March when the eform came out. ATF stated repeatedly 90 days or less as the goal.

I’ve heard there was a surge of eform applications but it’s perplexing to understand why it takes so long with everything electronic until one remembers the government is involved.

Bamaj

Established Member
Aug 21, 2022
Arab
Anyone have any recent luck with the eforms for suppressors? I did an individual eform in mid June and still nothing. The ATF claimed 90 days or less and obviously that isn’t true. I’m currently over 120 days and counting.
A buddy of mine recently got his E-form 4 approved. Was a 90 day wait.

Xero

Established Member
May 20, 2021
Auburn
The ATF said that they're *hoping* to have wait times down to 90 days on average by the end of 2023. That was also before Biden decided to take the fight to gun owners too. Silencer Shop is the only company that tried to imply the 90-day waits for right now. Currently, eform 4 wait times are around 6-9 months. Pretty soon they're going to align with paper form 4s.

Reactions: Trs

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
Well I guess my 6 month wait (so far) isn’t as bad. I saw where the ATF has on their website that the average is 6 months.

Prime example of why the government should be involved in as few things as possible!

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
The eform is pretty straightforward. Takes your prints, etc during the process. Of course there is the $200 as well.

Im still waiting. 7 months and counting

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
Just got an update from Bullet & Barrel on my suppressor tax stamp. Apparently they are just now receiving tax stamps from last April. I applied in June after being told 90 days.

What an absolute joke and embarrassment the government is to deal with and why is no one surprised?

Maybe I should run for President on the basis of reducing the government by 90% which would equate to an instant and sustainable improvement of 100% in our lives???!

Xero

Established Member
May 20, 2021
Auburn
Just got an update from Bullet & Barrel on my suppressor tax stamp. Apparently they are just now receiving tax stamps from last April. I applied in June after being told 90 days.

What an absolute joke and embarrassment the government is to deal with and why is no one surprised?

Maybe I should run for President on the basis of reducing the government by 90% which would equate to an instant and sustainable improvement of 100% in our lives???!
You'd get JKF'd so fast.

shmangledangle

Established Member
Jan 17, 2023
Birmingham
Figured I would post here given some of the recent replies. Got sucked into the 90 day wait time BS. Luckily I submitted my eform 4 4/15/22 and it was approved 12/23/22. Merry Christmas to me. Hope this helps anyone else looking at timetables.

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
Thanks for the info. That’s consistent with what Bullet & Barrel told me recently. I guess my June application is now Feb/March maybe.

Bbentley40

Established Member
Sep 20, 2020
Huntsville
I certified my eform on April 9 and got my approval email on Dec 24th (talk about a Christmas miracle). I have another one that I certified in Aug, so I am assuming June/July for that one. Or at least that is the hope, this crazy new AR Pistol Brace rule may screw that all up as well.