Eform 4 Wait Times

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
Got 2 more eform 4s approved this morning! Start date was 10/27 so under 3 months. Have gone from 10, 6 to now 3 months approvals in the last couple of years.

An RC2 and a Ventum 7.62 I will pick up later today to join my hybrid 46m and rugged 45. Hard to use anything but suppressed firearms these days.

Last edited:

kwb377

Established Member
Dec 16, 2019
B'ham
My Form 4 was filed on 5/17/23 and got approved on 12/26/23. I've filed three Form 1's since Dec. 27th and they've been approved in 11 and 5 (x2) business days.

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
I’ve read about a number of form 1s being approved in a few days. They need to get the eform 4 to that type of approval time.

kwb377

Established Member
Dec 16, 2019
B'ham
They need to get the eform 4 to that type of approval time.
preach-can-i-get-an-amen-will-ferrell-ai9tnpleabvcsl6s.gif

Skrimps

Established Member
Apr 21, 2023
Huntsville, AL
I have 5 cans currently in jail. Hoping for short approval times, but I am not going to hold my breath thats for sure. Unconstitutional indeed.

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
I have 5 cans currently in jail. Hoping for short approval times, but I am not going to hold my breath thats for sure. Unconstitutional indeed.
Approval times seem all over the place. Mine was 86 days for 2 cans that I put in the system together in late Oct. However, I’ve run across people that are still waiting with July and August start dates.

My dealer seemed to think it’s either very dependent on the person doing the application review (recent approvals don’t have a persons signature anymore) and or there is an attempt to approve some recent ones to make their numbers look better. Who knows with the ridiculous bureaucracy involved.

Sumblakdude

Established Member
Aug 4, 2022
Birmingham
Approval times seem all over the place. Mine was 86 days for 2 cans that I put in the system together in late Oct. However, I’ve run across people that are still waiting with July and August start dates.

My dealer seemed to think it’s either very dependent on the person doing the application review (recent approvals don’t have a persons signature anymore) and or there is an attempt to approve some recent ones to make their numbers look better. Who knows with the ridiculous bureaucracy involved.
My first can (form 4) took 371 days. 2nd one was 115 days, 3rd was 97 days.

Skrimps

Established Member
Apr 21, 2023
Huntsville, AL

Approval dates all over the place is the same thing I have read. Some suggest it's to try and pad the numbers to make them look like they aren't taking as long as they really are. Supposedly the AFT at SHOT said that they intend to do batch approvals for individuals but not for trusts....yet. I filed all of mine on a trust so I know there will be a bit of a longer wait. Oh well, the NFA is indeed a waiting game but it shouldn't be.

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
Now is definitely a good time to get into the suppressor game. I have seen approvals as quick as a few hours. Im thinking about getting a couple cans even though I don't have any host for them currently just because od the wait ti
My first can (form 4) took 371 days. 2nd one was 115 days, 3rd and 4th was 97 days. 5th was 6 days. Definitely a good time to get one with those wait times