Everyday Carry Pistol

Oz82

Established Member
Dec 26, 2021
Blount County
I have a Ruger LCP II. Probably my least favorite but easiest to carry. I shoot at least 50 rounds with it every range trip and it works but I still don't like it.
Have you tried the LCP Max? I've noticed that it has the same profile as the LCP II with a little extra thickness that isn't a problem when carrying but is an asset for shooting. I pocket carry with a kydex Alabama Holster and am pretty happy with the setup as it isn't really noticable but is always there when needed.

I'd much rather have my 40 XD when the SHTF, but it's a pain to carry concealed so I'm less likely to have it when I need it. Hell, if I had my druthers, I'd prefer an attack helicopter but those are extremely hard to carry concealed.

Bypass

Back in Black
Staff member
Army
Sep 12, 2018
Owens Cross Roads Alabama
If it is reliable, I got a new Walther PPK coming today and it will be my new every second of the day carry gun.

1669893009400.png

Comparison in penetration to a 45 acp. They are the same in distance travelled in ballistics gelatin 18+ inches. So, it won't be a half inch hole but really how big of a hole through the heart do you need?

I'm also a bit of a James Bond fan. ;)

1669893724499.png 1669893855877.png

Roadkill

Established Member
Dec 3, 2021
Alabama
They are great little pistols. I have a PP in .32 and a PPK in .380. Surprisingly accurate too. If you have a large hand watch out for hammer bite.

Stumpy

Established Member
Jun 26, 2020
Cropwell, AL
If it is reliable, I got a new Walther PPK coming today and it will be my new every second of the day carry gun.

View attachment 7798

Comparison in penetration to a 45 acp. They are the same in distance travelled in ballistics gelatin 18+ inches. So, it won't be a half inch hole but really how big of a hole through the heart do you need?

I'm also a bit of a James Bond fan. ;)

View attachment 7799 View attachment 7800
Better get you and emery cloth or a ceramic stone and dehorn the entire gun. I had several come through my citizen firearms classes the passed 20 years and they would cut women's hand open like nothing I have ever seen! Really bad gun for ladies. Spring is too strong for most and the edges are SHARP!

Bypass

Back in Black
Staff member
Army
Sep 12, 2018
Owens Cross Roads Alabama
Better get you and emery cloth or a ceramic stone and dehorn the entire gun. I had several come through my citizen firearms classes the passed 20 years and they would cut women's hand open like nothing I have ever seen! Really bad gun for ladies. Spring is too strong for most and the edges are SHARP!
This is a walther not a S&W or Interarms. New production has gotten rid of all that BS.

ERplane

Established Member
Jan 4, 2023
Huntsville
I’ve been using a hellcat pro as my carry but I’m about to switch over to a Kimber K6S snub…if just feels so good, comfortable to wear, I love shooting it and the round I carry in it seems to do remarkably well out of a snub vs other .38 +p loads.
1681527057271.jpeg

Last edited:

PDren000

Established Member
Oct 17, 2019
Troy/Brundidge
I'm still using a Glock 26, but I'm in process of setting up a 1911 for times when I can effectively conceal a full-size. I definitely prefer the 26 for deep carry, but having a full-size carry option is great when it can be managed.