Favorite Handgun

tfbama

Established Member
Nov 22, 2021
Shoals
My fav would probably be the one I need to sell to buy another vehicle lol, Dan Wesson Guardian 9mm. If I keep, was thinking going with a crimson trace green laser grip

cutt

Established Member
Jul 11, 2020
st.clair county
I just read a very interesting piece on AR-15.com. It was in the handgun discussion on pistols with over 100,00 round count. The author is a employee at Battlefield Vegas on the vegas strip. He goes thur the problems that occur in each individual brand of pistols and semi-autos that are asked for the most. This is a range that caters to the tourist market. Although the post starts in 2015 it goes to about 2021. 18 pages that are worth your time. More than likely your favorite handgun will be mentioned.

Frank Thompson

Veteran Army & Air Force
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2017
Auburn, Al
Taurus Stainless Steel .357 Mag Revolver with 4 inch barrel and wood grips, popping out 145 grain silvertip hollow points. Dropped a deer at approximately 75 yards with one shot and complete pass-through. Overall, though, its my little pocket Kel-Tec P32. Some folks will frown at this but it has proved to be a great self-defense weapon in a real situation.
That’s interesting that you killed a whitetail deer at 75 yds. And , with one shot! I knew it Could be done, but never heard of someone actually doing it!
I watched a video that showed how a
. 45 acp 230 grain RN, is lethal at 440yds.
Makes you rethink your Ammo ?

Last edited:

SouthernGunner13

Established Member
Feb 8, 2021
20211221_162122.jpg I've been carrying this Shadow Systems MR920 since Dec. So far it's been great. Qualified for my church security team a month or so ago and scored 100, so if you do your part, it'll work.

Bamapilot010

Established Member
Nov 20, 2022
Montgomery
Favorite handgun, that’s a tough one. First handgun I learned to shoot was my dads Browning BDM, and it was a gift from him later. However I think I have to go with my first pistol, the old reliable 1911a1.

PDren000

Established Member
Oct 17, 2019
Troy/Brundidge
Hard to pick a favorite. I've got an old beat-up Victory pre-model 10 that's lost all its monetary value because someone nickel-plated it before it ever came into my family. First handgun I've ever owned and it has an incredibly smooth double-action trigger pull. Thanks to that gun, a newer Model-10/pre-Model-10 that I can use and abuse (without hurting a sentimental piece) has been sitting on my list of desired guns for a while. I've carried it a few times because my EDC was out of commission for some reason or another, but it's definitely not the top-notch carry gun it was in the 1940s. Still a favorite of mine to take out and shoot every once in a while.