Firearm Prices

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
It’s interesting to see the drop in prices for firearms and ammo over the last year along with the resulting market conditions. It’s even more interesting to see how some sellers don’t want to acknowledge this situation and are trying to maintain 2022 pricing. For example, HK SP5s got over $4k in early 2022 but now I am routinely seeing them under $3k asking. Saw 2 at this asking price at the Hoover gun show last weekend. Marks outdoors has also had them at this price, where I purchased one earlier this year. The AP5 clone also was around $2k early last year but a version is available from Palmetto State right now for $899. Lastly I’m a big fan of CMMG products that have also seen a lowering of costs, especially Banshees. Banshees have gone from north of $1500 (depends on configuration) to where I have now purchased a couple in the last month for $1k each. Similar examples of ammo dropping in price are numerous, especially common calibers.

It’s a reminder that the firearm and ammo market is quite volatile and especially so during the last 10 years. If you are a buyer, as I am, you really need to check around on prices as many sellers are not up to date on pricing. As a seller, it can certainly be challenging but if your sale item is sitting unsold for weeks and months then the market is educating you. I’m sure “you know what you got” but at the end of the day the market says what you have.

Happy hunting!

Hpgc

Established Member
May 27, 2019
NE Alabama
Interesting times indeed. I continue to be surprised at some price gaps between prices from just a few years ago and some good deals lately. As always, sellers want top dollar from the past but buyers want the lowest-priced they find on-line.

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
I don’t blame any seller for wanting top dollar for their item nor any buyer for wanting the best deal. The trick is knowing where the market is and that’s equally true for buyers and sellers.