Forum monthly shooting idea

Cheekibreeki

Established Member
Mar 21, 2021
Mobile
What do you all think about having a monthly "challenge" where we all print out and shoot the same target at the same distance at our respective range then compare results? You could describe what firearm you are using with what kind of load, compare yourself to others, and track your progress. I think it could be a nice discussion topic and could potentially get you to meet up with members local to you if that is your thing.

4CERTN

Established Member
Feb 2, 2016
Alabama
Count me in! Another forum I’m part of has started doing the same thing and it’s been a lot of fun. It would be a nice bonus to potentially meet some folks local to us respective members if possible along the way.

Great idea @Cheekibreeki !

4CERTN

Established Member
Feb 2, 2016
Alabama
We can have a lot of fun with this - keep it to handguns, bring in the long guns, a little of both, etc. When the time comes, I’m happy to share some of the ones I’ve been a part of in the past.

Cheekibreeki

Established Member
Mar 21, 2021
Mobile
We can have a lot of fun with this - keep it to handguns, bring in the long guns, a little of both, etc. When the time comes, I’m happy to share some of the ones I’ve been a part of in the past.
We might have to just start doing it then people will hopefully join in.

4CERTN

Established Member
Feb 2, 2016
Alabama
Hey @Cheekibreeki do you have any notions on what this effort could start with? If not, I can bring a couple of ideas over from the other Forum I mentioned, just let me know. Still sounds like a fun idea you had here, regardless.

Cheekibreeki

Established Member
Mar 21, 2021
Mobile
Hey @Cheekibreeki do you have any notions on what this effort could start with? If not, I can bring a couple of ideas over from the other Forum I mentioned, just let me know. Still sounds like a fun idea you had here, regardless.
It could start with a post that has the targets that will be used for the month. Different ones for pistols and rifles would probably be ideal. Maybe targets that are easily attainable and cheap like the NRA slow fire ones or ones available at a big box store. Another idea is we give specifc diameters so people can make their own targets at home if they'd like. From there people shoot at em and post their results under the post.