Forum Ownership

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
Dear Valued Members,

It’s with great joy and sadness I am here today giving you this update. Over the past few months I have had my ups and downs. I have had more downs the ups as life goes.

I started ALGunForum as a place for all gun owners to come and freely talk, buy and sale firearms. 6 years and countless friends made through this journey. I am joyed that I was able to find someone to take the forum over and run it and give it the attention I always wanted. I am pleased to introduce @texkev as the new owner.

I will still be around and feel free to contact me if you need anything. Nothing will change but @texkev is a veteran in firearms and owning forum. Many of you are part of his other forum that is related to the gulf coast area.

If you need me I am available PM, Email or some of you have me via Facebook. I’ll be checking in as much as possible but limited due to my current position in my career. It’s a busy time and my available hours are limited to hold contest and be online.

Thank you for 6 wonderful years.

texkev

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2022
Texas
Hey folks,

I remember when he started the forum, he had reached out then o say hello and that he was going to start it up.

I am always around, a disabled wife so being on and off online is normal.

I certainly plan on nothing major as far as changes, if anything, not that I see anything now, whatever I can do to improve things that would be great. I have some goods here I can use for giveaways soon.

Holler if you need anything and I will be around daily.

Joel6180

Staff member
Advisor
Jan 27, 2018
Atmore, AL
Texkev - I hope you don't let this place turn into the free-for-all of idiots like on the Gulf Coast Gun Forum. I really like the laid back, helpful tone of this forum the way it is currently managed. Good luck Randall - I have enjoyed your handling of the forum.

texkev

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2022
Texas
Texkev - I hope you don't let this place turn into the free-for-all of idiots like on the Gulf Coast Gun Forum. I really like the laid back, helpful tone of this forum the way it is currently managed. Good luck Randall - I have enjoyed your handling of the forum.
I don't see it that way at all there, actually a nice peaceful group there, for example, there was no issue when I converted software which is rare I am not changing things here. The members were supportive. It will be modded and run as it always has here. This is a smaller tight-nit group that yes is growing for sure, no comparison to the other actually.

Last edited:

Frank Thompson

Veteran Army & Air Force
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2017
Auburn, Al
Dear Valued Members,

It’s with great joy and sadness I am here today giving you this update. Over the past few months I have had my ups and downs. I have had more downs the ups as life goes.

I started ALGunForum as a place for all gun owners to come and freely talk, buy and sale firearms. 6 years and countless friends made through this journey. I am joyed that I was able to find someone to take the forum over and run it and give it the attention I always wanted. I am pleased to introduce @texkev as the new owner.

I will still be around and feel free to contact me if you need anything. Nothing will change but @texkev is a veteran in firearms and owning forum. Many of you are part of his other forum that is related to the gulf coast area.

If you need me I am available PM, Email or some of you have me via Facebook. I’ll be checking in as much as possible but limited due to my current position in my career. It’s a busy time and my available hours are limited to hold contest and be online.

Thank you for 6 wonderful years.
Randall, I know you have been extremely busy, don’t feel bad ! Feel Good! You’ve got more “Time” and I Pray for you , The Best !!!!!!

Joel6180

Staff member
Advisor
Jan 27, 2018
Atmore, AL
I don't see it that way at all there, actually a nice peaceful group there, for example, there was no issue when I converted software which is rare I am not changing things here. The members were supportive. It will be modded and run as it always has here. This is a smaller tight-nit group that yes is growing for sure, no comparison to the other actually.
Randall had to work hard a few times to keep some of the extremists from spewing their hatred over here. You must not read GCGF much. Enforce rule #4, or get rid of it.

texkev

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2022
Texas
Randall had to work hard a few times to keep some of the extremists from spewing their hatred over here. You must not read GCGF much. Enforce rule #4, or get rid of it.
Stop assuming things about me, I read it daily, mods discuss things often, always modding the ads, we work hard over there also. So thanks....

Modding is not that easy on a larger group. It has grown there. We have actually gotten rid of a few and with the new mods are tightening things up carefully.

Back to AlGunForun.com, Great forum here, there is a staff already, I won't change that. I hope this forum continues to grow, Randall came to me, he loved this place and I will do the same with the care of it.

texkev

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2022
Texas
One thing I will do, new users at the other site that are from AL, I will be sending them a message about the forum here. I mod new users off and on all day as they come in, something like that may help bring to the group only Al state-based folks rather than plaster an ad about this site over there. Never cross-promoted something like this so the first message idea sounds the best.

SouthernGunner13

Established Member
Feb 8, 2021
Randall- thank you for allowing me to help out here when I can. I wish you the absolute best! If I can help with anything let me know, even if you just need someone to message or talk too.
Texkev- thanks for keeping this forum going! I'm here to help when and how I can. Feel free to reach out if you need anything.

4CERTN

Established Member
Feb 2, 2016
Alabama
Thank you @RandallC for getting this Forum to where it is - I don’t know a thing about Forum ownership and administration but I suspect there’s a lot more to it than meets the eye.

@texkev welcome to the helm, sir, and thank you for taking the baton and keeping it moving forward!

Here’s to the Forum! <insert clinking beer mug sound effects here haha!>