good gun stores around Enterprise/Rucker?

Bazookajor

Established Member
Dec 3, 2021
Dothan
looking for a good gun store with variety, especially if they are selling any FALs! thanks!

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
Don't know about FALs, but there's Lock and Load in Enterprise and their sister store Family Firearms in Troy. There's also Area 51 Tactical in Dothan. I've never been to their store but they usually has a big table at the local gun shows.

Bazookajor

Established Member
Dec 3, 2021
Dothan
Don't know about FALs, but there's Lock and Load in Enterprise and their sister store Family Firearms in Troy. There's also Area 51 Tactical in Dothan. I've never been to their store but they usually has a big table at the local gun shows.
Thanks! Are the local gun shows any good?

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
Ehh, they're pretty much par for the course for anywhere these days really - fun to go look at stuff and talk to people but don't go expecting to find any good deals.

Bazookajor

Established Member
Dec 3, 2021
Dothan
Ehh, they're pretty much par for the course for anywhere these days really - fun to go look at stuff and talk to people but don't go expecting to find any good deals.
are they mostly just traveling vendors? got lucky and was able to get two Chinese flatbacks for only 25 bucks. but that was in Florida.

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
are they mostly just traveling vendors? got lucky and was able to get two Chinese flatbacks for only 25 bucks. but that was in Florida.
Yep mostly vendors with a few private booths. if you do find a deal it's probably going to be either with someone walking around with a gun they're trying to sell or for some non-gun item. I got a probably 6-700 dollar Pelican hard case this summer for 90 bucks and saw a guy selling a new ALICE large pack with the frame for $75 this past weekend. Got a case of MREs this spring in Montgomery that was still within its first check date for $65

Bazookajor

Established Member
Dec 3, 2021
Dothan
for anyone looking I recommend going to Tri-state gun for off-the-beat stuff, a really nice staff.

Remmy21

Established Member
Jan 11, 2022
Fort rucker
I like going to farms systems but I highly suggest seeing if the px carries it. Even if you order online they price match. Was able to get my Cz scorpion 200 dollars cheaper then anywhere else doing that. Kauffman’s has a selection but is pricey. The biggest buzzkill is the tax down here.

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
I like going to farms systems but I highly suggest seeing if the px carries it. Even if you order online they price match. Was able to get my Cz scorpion 200 dollars cheaper then anywhere else doing that. Kauffman’s has a selection but is pricey. The biggest buzzkill is the tax down here.
Yeah, sales tax in Alabama is high because property tax is low. It's more fair this way IMO because everybody's getting taxed more equally rather than punishing people for daring to own land.