Got My S&W Factory Letter, Now The Best Way To Sell My Revolver

Stumpy

Established Member
Jun 26, 2020
Cropwell, AL
I got my factory letter signed by Mr. Roy Jinks of S&W Historical Foundation for my 1988 3 inch 686 CS-1. I'm ready to sell it but like most folks I want to get the maximum I can out of it. Is Gunbroker the best way to sell a collectors gun or is there another site or way y'all would recommend?

9mm

Established Member
Jul 23, 2016
Mobile
What does that factory letter identity about the pistol? How much was it? Thanks

Mar 1, 2022
Alabama
I got my factory letter signed by Mr. Roy Jinks of S&W Historical Foundation for my 1988 3 inch 686 CS-1. I'm ready to sell it but like most folks I want to get the maximum I can out of it. Is Gunbroker the best way to sell a collectors gun or is there another site or way y'all would recommend?
Sometimes you can get top dollar at trade day establishments if the right person comes along.

Stumpy

Established Member
Jun 26, 2020
Cropwell, AL
What does that factory letter identity about the pistol? How much was it? Thanks
It is the official serial number research from S and W records by the S and W Historical Foundation. It is like a title for your gun. When it was made, what features did it leave the factory with and what distributor or government agency was it sent to from the factory. In my case, my CS-1 was never a FedGov gun. Means more to some collectors and means less to others. But for $100, having the letter definitely adds value to the gun. Gives it "provenance" as they say.

Stumpy

Established Member
Jun 26, 2020
Cropwell, AL
It is a signed letter where your gun is researched through old S&W records. Tells when built and with what options and who it was shipped to from the factory. Costs $100 but raises value of said pistol hundreds of dollars by having this "factory birth certificate"!

Reactions: 9mm