GUN SHOWS 2023

jsims226

Nov 28, 2022
Just looking for a 2023 gun show schedule. Saw a couple threads about one potentially being posted but haven' located it. Thanks.

shmangledangle

Established Member
Jan 17, 2023
Birmingham
Went to the one in Trussville a week or two ago. First one I’ve been to in Alabama since moving here. Wasn’t great but also not my cup of tea. Putting this here in case anyone else is looking for insight. Maybe 30 tables, a lot of older collectibles I would say. Not any great deals I saw unfortunately.

BigSqueeze

Established Member
Jun 26, 2023
Went to the one in Trussville a week or two ago. First one I’ve been to in Alabama since moving here. Wasn’t great but also not my cup of tea. Putting this here in case anyone else is looking for insight. Maybe 30 tables, a lot of older collectibles I would say. Not any great deals I saw unfortunately.
Never been to a gun show before, Is it mostly fudds with their collections or do shops and independent guys tend to show up much?

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
Never been to a gun show before, Is it mostly fudds with their collections or do shops and independent guys tend to show up much?
Honestly these days it's more shops than anything else, and they're usually charging more than they would in their store and calling it a "gun show special" hoping to dupe people that don't do any research on prices.

BigSqueeze

Established Member
Jun 26, 2023
Honestly these days it's more shops than anything else, and they're usually charging more than they would in their store and calling it a "gun show special" hoping to dupe people that don't do any research on prices.
Ufff what a waste of time. Probably trying to go for those spur of the moment purchasers

Oz82

Established Member
Dec 26, 2021
Blount County
The deals aren't completely gone. I've lucked into two great deals on items that I was not finding anywhere else at gun shows this year.

Oz82

Established Member
Dec 26, 2021
Blount County
I do agree with Dfalt that you need to be up to date on your prices though because too many are trying to go after folks who think prices are still at plandemic levels.

Lee

Established Member
Jan 29, 2016
Birmingham
I've always found the best deals from private dealers who throw a few guns on the corner of their buddy's dealer table. @Oz82 is ABSOLUTELY correct: KNOW YOUR GUN VALUES!

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
I think the above are good points especially about people thinking prices are still at the high point during Covid. I know people that paid $4k for HK SP5s and now one can buy one new through Palmetto State for $2700 plus tax and transfer.

Having said the above, I still am surprised by the crazy prices I see at gun shows. I rarely see many sales at gun shows but someone must be buying. Btw, the only somewhat decent shows I’ve been to in the last few years are the Hoover show and the Huntsville show at von Braun

kmann

Established Member
Feb 6, 2022
Gardendale
Went to a gun show at Veteran’s Park in Eastaboga about a month back because I was bored and it was relatively nearby. Get pay 12 bucks admission for me and my wife to wander around three large tents. It was probably the most depressing gun show I’ve ever seen. Nothing too unique or interesting, no deals good enough to catch my eye, boomers trying to sell me on $2k and up 1911s made by defunct companies from the 1980s that I’ve never heard of and probably went out of business for a reason, and one dude who insisted his Smith and Wesson M&P15 Sport with a weird claw mount was worth $2700.
If you’re looking for a gun show, save the cost of entry and don’t go to Eastaboga.
I’m still pretty partial to the BJCC and Hoover Met shows.