Gunbroker is dog sh**

FullySemiAutomaticAR14

Established Member
Apr 14, 2021
Red Level, AL
anyone else having trouble getting gunbroker.com to "verify" their account so they can sell or buy? ive been waiting for 3 months for them to reply to my "verification" emails lol i miss the days when amrslist didn't charge almost 8 dollars a month just to sell a gun.

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
I have never used gunbroker or Armslist. But I use to sell/trade a mess on Facebook. My wife got mad at me cause every saturday I would have to meet someone.

Now I tend to buy to hold more then sell or trade.

SouthernGunner13

Established Member
Feb 8, 2021
I had no issues verifying. They charge a minimal fee to keep spammers away, sucks, but not exactly stupid.
Also, there are people "who know what they got" and over price it on every site including this one. Skip over those until you find that deal you've been looking for. It'll be worth it! Good luck!

theothermikeg

Established Member
Jan 19, 2022
Birmingham
I've noticed gunbroker pricing falling now that taxes are paid on evey sale. Getting approved to sell can be a pain, no approval needed as a buyer.
Wow, really? It's rare that I find a good deal on GB and when I do, it gets eaten up by fees and ridiculous shipping costs.

To try to keep to the OP's point...have you been able to communicate with the admin over at dogsh*t-central or is it a black hole of silence? I'm guessing the latter.

Black-Guns

Premium Member
May 26, 2022
Prattville Alabama
You are correct that the taxes and fees must be considered before making any bid. Still there are deals to be had. I have had excellent response when communicating with sellers and admin.

4CERTN

Established Member
Feb 2, 2016
Alabama
I had a (to me) very good transaction recently on GB, for a lovely S&W N-frame revolver that was wearing a set of custom stocks that are virtually unobtainable these days.

SMOKEEATERFF

Established Member
Sep 18, 2022
Troy, AL
Ive bought and sold a few guns thru gunbroker. I bought a Remington humpback for $150 that was around 100 years old. I don’t shoot it much but it functioned just fine.

LoneStar

Established Member
Aug 3, 2023
Alabama
Thats why i joined this site, shouldnt have to pay to sell your stuff, unless its a auction setting imo
Me too. Call me a cheapskate, but a site better have one heck of a track record of generating top dollar sales for sellers and quick turnarounds if they are going to charge commissions or subscription fees. I believe that one has to provide VALUE before demanding a person’s CASH.

Chikn

Established Member
Sep 2, 2023
Opp
I've bought and sold on gunbroker for 20 years. Never had a problem...ever.
Want to buy something rare? No better place to find it.
Is it full of Walmart ammo resellers and overpriced "rare and vintage" items? Absolutely.
At the same time, its the best place to find a bargain. Sure there's plenty of shill bidders, just like any auction site out there.
Shop wisely. If someone is overpriced on their goods, they won't sell them. One is not compelled to bid.
Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Bluethunder

Established Member
Apr 5, 2023
Florence
Good luck getting any customer support on GunBroker. You never get to speak to anyone, you only get generic email responses. They overcharged me 4% on sales tax and will not respond to my request for a refund.

WilliamH

Aug 12, 2023
AL
I have never used gunbroker or Armslist. But I use to sell/trade a mess on Facebook. My wife got mad at me cause every saturday I would have to meet someone.

Now I tend to buy to hold more then sell or trade.
Can you sell firearms on Facebook?