hate a thief

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
Last night at around 1:30am my truck and wifes car was gone through, we have them on camera but couldn't see their face. I live in a neighborhood that is "safe" but We let our guard down and didnt have our cars locked last night.

He took a iphone charger cord and the little plugin thing, a branzo jacket (Carhart knockoff), a streamlight stringray flashlight, and a Milwaukee utility knife, if he took anything else I have not been able to see if yet.

I had more valuable items in my truck then anything he took, a work phone, tools.

damn scum.

Eaglekeeper

Established Member
Dec 13, 2020
Scottsboro
Dang it, that sucks! Can make you feel violated, even if it's small stuff.

Was hit 3 times in Portland, OR. The worst was getting every last tool taken I needed to work my copy machine tech job when I was barely scraping by.

I feel for you.

kenny1773

Established Member
Nov 28, 2018
Birmingham
Bummer that sucks

I have had it happen multiple times (but when I was living in another state not in Alabama)
At least they didn't break your window to get $2 in quarters that were in a cup holder like what happened to me once

I have found that moderate to nice neighborhoods get hit too, the criminals know where to go to shop for good stuff.
Even if you do have their face on camera, the police aren't going to do anything, your insurance won't cover anything either. You should still make a police report as things like this affect patrols.

One time about 40 cars get hit in my neighborhood in one night, while there was a police officer living there and she was home when it happened, marked car parked in front of the house and all. Car break ins like that rarely get punished, so thieves don't care about getting caught.

I had problems with vandalism here in AL, put up more bright spot lights, setup a couple trip wires that then set off a loud noise when tripped, woke up one morning to see a trip wire had been trip, noise maker went off (we never heard it, not sure how) and that really ended the mischief on my property. I guess it scared whomever it was enough.

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
Ya, they took a report but it did make them more active in the neighborhood, I seen a few police making it a point to drive around.

if I see my jacket out on someone I’m going to just knock them out.

DixieReb

Established Member
Jan 31, 2021
Andalusia AL
I can’t stand a thief either, really ticks me off to work your tail off for something and then lowlife scumbags just take it cause they want too. Some folks today would not take a decent paying job if you offered it to them, they’d rather draw a disability check or unemployment check and drink or buy drugs and steal stuff from those of us that work for a living.

sleepy4sureishere

Established Member
Nov 30, 2020
N. Alabama
What a Lowlife Parasite!!! I bet the Imbecile doesn't even realize just how lucky he is to still be breathing and occupying space. These Parasites are one of the lowest forms on this planet. Even The Good Lord himself states that he Hates a thief. Although at the same time Brother Randall, its a little worrisome to think what you'd possibly be facing had you Smoked him and turned him into little pieces of Swiss Cheese. They're those out there who particularly don't like certain Personal and Home Defense Methods that you and I hold so sacred and so true that would jump at the oppurtunity to make you the Bad Guy instead of the Parasite!!!God forbid that....because you have Every Right to believe that You and your Familys Lives are in Danger when these Parasites show up after midnight on your property...You Have to Assume that they are Armed and Very Dangerous even more so given the low level of I.Q. they are operating with. You also need to be prepared that they may come back as well. Why? because I assure you that he and/or they knows that the truck was loaded down with tools and more valuables that for whatever reason were not taken then. Maybe a vehicle, a dog, a neighbors light, or something scared them away before they could make a full haul. I know you are like myself and all other 2nd Ammendment Brothers....We Don't live in fear, we just Choose to be Ready when Evil calls. Take Care Brother....