Hello All...

MJN1957

Established Member
Apr 23, 2017
Trussville, AL area
Live in the Trussvile area and I have read the forum rules.

I am an NRA LE Firearms Instructor for Handgun, Shotgun, and Patrol Rifle and a PPCT Defensive Tactics Instructor. I am a certified State of Alabama POST Instructor since the mid-1980s. I work in the Private-/Contract-Security Industry and am an Alabama Security Regulatory Board Certified Trainer II, allowing me to conduct all Board-required training including any required firearms and less-lethal weapons training.

I have been a sponsored practical/tactical handgun and 3-gun competitor. I currently focus on long-range rifle competition. I shoot F-Class in F-TR, Mid-Range Tactical, and will be shooting PRS Production-class and Gas-Gun soon (hopefully).

I'm looking forward to participating in the forum, learning, sharing, maybe buying, maybe selling.

MikeN

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
Hey Welcome to the forum not to fat from me Mike, I live in Ashville. Im in trussville alot. you may see me at the academy soon if all goes well with Moody PD. I would love to come to some meets and watch the shooting. if you post up some dates.

Welcome and if you need anything let me know.

MJN1957

Established Member
Apr 23, 2017
Trussville, AL area
It's been a few years since I've taught an Academy class, but I did have a lot of fun when I did! I mainly do Tac Team training and consulting now, specializing in precision rifle. I also contract with a manufacturer to conduct Patrol Rifle training and qualifications when a Dept buys a rifles and training 'package' from them.

Good luck with Moody PD! Do you know if you would be attending one of Birmingham's Academy sessions or would you go to a State Academy?

There is an F-Class mid-range match - 300 & 600 yds - on May 13th at the CMP Park. I will either be shooting it or helping run it. Either way, you are certainly welcome to come-out and shoot it - or just hang and watch.

I'll be out there one weekend day in the next couple of weeks nailing-down my zeros and come-ups on a couple of my rifles. If you are interested, I'll let you know when I'll be there in-case you want to connect and see what the game is about.

MikeN

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
Could be interesting in may to come and watch.

I'm not sure what academy I'll be attending if I get hired. I know moody is a separate dept from Jefferson county. I been through the jefferson county hiring process before.

MJN1957

Established Member
Apr 23, 2017
Trussville, AL area
Could be interesting in may to come and watch.

I'm not sure what academy I'll be attending if I get hired. I know moody is a separate dept from Jefferson county. I been through the jefferson county hiring process before.

I'm not sure how the State Academy system works anymore but Good Luck regardless!

I did 16 years as a LEO before I got hurt in the line-of-duty at a mass casualty natural disaster and had to grow-up and got areal job. I wouldn't trade the experience for anything!

MikeN