Hello all

Mark_C

Established Member
Jun 7, 2023
Trussville
Early on, I was an army brat. My dad was lucky enough to get leave just before I was born but surprisingly the reason he came home was not for my birth. My great-grandfather was sick and assumed near death. He came home from Seoul, Korea and I just happened to come into the world before he had to return to the other side of it. After Korea, he finished his service at Fort Sill, OK where they fire the big guns.

I’ve been a gun fan for basically my entire life. In my teens and 20s, my hunting buddies called me “Eagle Eye” because I never missed a shot while deer hunting. I didn’t get every deer I killed because I shot one near dusk, we followed the blood trail to a stream but it was too dark to continue. A couple of weeks later, someone found what we assume was that deer very close to where we ended our search. My shot just barely missed the heart but it lived long enough to outrun us before it died. It was about 15 years later before I shot at a deer and didn’t drag it out of the woods. I don’t know how many I bagged during those years, but I can barely see the text I’m typing now so the deer can probably rest easy today.

Onitras75

Established Member
Sep 28, 2021
Wilsonville
Early on, I was an army brat. My dad was lucky enough to get leave just before I was born but surprisingly the reason he came home was not for my birth. My great-grandfather was sick and assumed near death. He came home from Seoul, Korea and I just happened to come into the world before he had to return to the other side of it. After Korea, he finished his service at Fort Sill, OK where they fire the big guns.

I’ve been a gun fan for basically my entire life. In my teens and 20s, my hunting buddies called me “Eagle Eye” because I never missed a shot while deer hunting. I didn’t get every deer I killed because I shot one near dusk, we followed the blood trail to a stream but it was too dark to continue. A couple of weeks later, someone found what we assume was that deer very close to where we ended our search. My shot just barely missed the heart but it lived long enough to outrun us before it died. It was about 15 years later before I shot at a deer and didn’t drag it out of the woods. I don’t know how many I bagged during those years, but I can barely see the text I’m typing now so the deer can probably rest easy today.