Hello from the Panhandle

Gaterbaitii

Established Member
Feb 5, 2024
Navarre, FL
Good afternoon all,

Stumbled upon this forum from some members on another forum I’m on in Florida (GCGF)

Used to live in several areas in AL as I grew most of my childhood and teenage years there (Huntsville, Montgomery, Selma, Millbrook). Joined the military in the mid 90’s and retired in mid 2019 after 22yrs in the USAF. I reside here in Navarre FL close to Pensacola.

Looking forward to talking to the members here!

Mike

chefguy

Established Member
Dec 9, 2023
Athens, Alabama
Welcome to the group! Former active duty AF vet myself. I was stationed at Keesler, Moody and Nellis in the 1980’s. I haven’t been here long but I’ve dealt with some super helpful folks here so far!

Gaterbaitii

Established Member
Feb 5, 2024
Navarre, FL
Welcome to the group! Former active duty AF vet myself. I was stationed at Keesler, Moody and Nellis in the 1980’s. I haven’t been here long but I’ve dealt with some super helpful folks here so far!

Awesome! I was at 2x USAF ANG units in Montgomery, Boise ANG, before I went AD. Was stationed at Mountain home, Osan, Elmendorf, Davis Monthan, Kandahar Afghanistan, Andersen and Hurlburt.

What was your job while you were in?

Yeah there are quite a few members on GCGF from Alabama. I visit time to time as my mother decides her time between AL and FL.

chefguy

Established Member
Dec 9, 2023
Athens, Alabama
I was an EWS technician. I did 4 years and would have stayed in but the wife had different ideas lol. I miss it to this day.
You saw a big piece of the world!

Gaterbaitii

Established Member
Feb 5, 2024
Navarre, FL
I was an EWS technician. I did 4 years and would have stayed in but the wife had different ideas lol. I miss it to this day.
You saw a big piece of the world!

I hear you and seen it happened a lot. I kept pretty busy on TDYs and deployments since I inspected aircraft. It was a great experience, but everything comes to an end I guess.

Gaterbaitii

Established Member
Feb 5, 2024
Navarre, FL
Welcome! Boy oh boy I see my post in GCGF make some folks mad but it is what it is!

I was wondering what that is all about.

It’s probably just a couple grumpy guys. There was a couple members that on GCGF that always stirred up stuff that was pointless and caused people to leave. I’ve dealt with a few members there that swap parts pretty regularly. We either meet up since they are so close or ship. Shipped a couple guns as well.