How To Conceal Carry?

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
Do you CC appendix or at the 3-6 position?

Which is more comfortable for you?

mike047

Established Member
Feb 11, 2017
Marion, Al
For me the OWB at 3:30ish is the most comfortable and I prefer leather for the comfort due to molding around the body. The appendix IWB just gives me the willies.
OWB 4/4:30 butt forward, wrist issues make this the most comfortable for me. IWB appendix, you might shoot your "willie" :p

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
I have never OC but ya I don't carry appendix either. I carry at the 4-6 IWB, the only problem is sitting down when it has a booth or even seatback.

Tommy

Established Member
Feb 11, 2017
Springville
I have never OC but ya I don't carry appendix either. I carry at the 4-6 IWB, the only problem is sitting down when it has a booth or even seatback.
While carrying iwb in the small of my back I prefer a booth. A restraunt chair is usually open in the bottom of the back. Meaning: if my shirt isn't pulled down good enough I'm showing and with the way my body bends, somebody could come up behind me and help their self to my weapon through the hole in the chair. Owb I prefer 3-3:30 position, but only under a coat. Therefore the chair preference isn't as critical.

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
I use a Kydex holster but like leather better because its more comfortable. But the kydex holds imy gun in place very very good. I dont like the leather ones from Academy.

Chris Head

Established Member
Apr 23, 2017
Arab, Alabama
Do you CC appendix or at the 3-6 position?

Which is more comfortable for you?
I carry IWB at the 3-3:30 position with an Alien Gear holster. I have one of the originals with leather and whatever the plastic shell is (not kydex). Their holsters are really comfortable to wear all day long and I do. I'm also a big guy, 6 foot and about 340lbs. and it conceals really well under just a t-shirt, which I wear year round.

Nick elliot

Established Member
Apr 23, 2017
Shoals area
I carry around 4 o'clock with a hybrid style holster..conceals my glock 19 and m&p shield well. Very comfortable exept you have to adjust a little in some vehicle seats. Also when bending over the gun tails but that cause I'm so dang skinny ha I have the crossbreed mini tuck horsehide and aegis armory shield and like them both. Tried appendix but did not conceal well and wasn't very comfortable for me.

MJN1957

Established Member
Apr 23, 2017
Trussville, AL area
For me it's a great big: It Depends!

If I open-carry or am working in a sport coat, I carry just behind my strong-side hip. If it's casual and I can't get away with an outer garment, I'll appendix carry. Also, if I'm going to be in tight confines and/or a crowd, I'll go with appendix-carry because it's easier to protect and draw from in a tight environment.

That said, I ONLY carry hammer-fired handguns - either a SIG P226 or P228 - so I can cover the hammer when holstering. If I carried a striker-fired piece I'm not too certain I'd carry appendix because I've seen a guy that shot himself in the doo-dads going gangster-appendix carry and it wasn't something I'd want to try. It seemed like it hurt...a LOT!

MikeN

4CERTN

Established Member
Feb 2, 2016
Alabama
I like 3 to 3:30 with either IWB or OWB, and either a full-size or CCO-sized 1911. Sometimes I carry IWB "tucked."

dmrice251

Established Member
Aug 17, 2019
Baldwin County
I carry at the 3 o’clock position. That’s the most comfortable for me. I normally carry my Glock 19X in a Kyser IWB holster and conceal under a t-shirt or polo. I know that I print but most people don’t notice and if they do notice, they are probably carrying as well and don’t care. If I’m in a situation where printing matters, I have an M & P Shield that I can carry at 3 O’clock and it isn’t noticeable at all.