How do you delete a post ?

edtalabama

Established Member
Apr 8, 2022
gulf shores
I posted a gun for sale and it sold, how do I delete the ad? I can't find a delete button. Thanks for the help.

texkev

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2022
Texas
They have to be physically deleted by someone, so send me the url

bamabum

Staff member
Oct 19, 2020
Wedowee
They have to be physically deleted by someone, so send me the url
Sounds like you want moderators to stop deleting so you can ask folks to send the links/urls. Is that what you want? I have been deleting for months if Sold or Delete is added in the title! Again, your forum so please tell us what you want!

texkev

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2022
Texas
Sounds like you want moderators to stop deleting so you can ask folks to send the links/urls. Is that what you want? I have been deleting for months if Sold or Delete is added in the title! Again, your forum so please tell us what you want!
Nope. Feel free to delete of course.

I meant, people will email me and ask me to delete an ad. I have no issues, but they need to send a link. I'm not going to waste time pulling it all up for them when they can simply send the link in the first place.

Soon with the new system, this will be a non-issue anyway, they can mark them sold coming up. The system will work better.

bamabum

Staff member
Oct 19, 2020
Wedowee
Users can currently mark them as Sold/Found, which is a cue for them to be deleted. In the upcoming release, will marking them as Sold also delete them?

texkev

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2022
Texas
it technically places them as sold and they are gone. However, you can still see your sold ads under the area of your listing. I will post more on this soon, some screenshots, dev guy is holding this up due to his schedule, however, I may have someone else do it. I only need them to convert the feedback system used here to the new ads system it has its own feedback portion of the addon. I hope to hear from him tomorrow.

RustyRooster

Established Member
Sep 16, 2023
Birmingham
Nope. Feel free to delete of course.

I meant, people will email me and ask me to delete an ad. I have no issues, but they need to send a link. I'm not going to waste time pulling it all up for them when they can simply send the link in the first place.

Soon with the new system, this will be a non-issue anyway, they can mark them sold coming up. The system will work better.
Hey I know this is a couple years old, but it made it seem like you're the right person to ask. After someone has sold an item, where is the button/whatever way to mark it sold so it gets archived or deleted? It looks like some people put "sold" in the title (or "please delete"), some people seem to mark it with a visible tag called "Sold/Found," which seems like the best option, and some just leave it active forever. Whatever the right way is, could instructions get added to the rules or somewhere so that users actually mark old posts correctly? I'm often finding posts for items I want to buy but getting no responses (probably because it was already sold). Is there anything we can do to go through and cull the old listings? I'm happy to volunteer to do whatever would be needed to help with this. Also, maybe items marked with the tag/flair of "Sold/Found" should me automatically archived?

Last edited:

Wesleykey

Director of Product Enhancement
Nov 7, 2023
Alabama
Hey I know this is a couple years old, but it made it seem like you're the right person to ask. After someone has sold an item, where is the button/whatever way to mark it sold so it gets archived or deleted? It looks like some people put "sold" in the title (or "please delete"), some people seem to mark it with a visible tag called "Sold/Found," which seems like the best option, and some just leave it active forever. Whatever the right way is, could instructions get added to the rules or somewhere so that users actually mark old posts correctly? I'm often finding posts for items I want to buy but getting no responses (probably because it was already sold). Is there anything we can do to go through and cull the old listings? I'm happy to volunteer to do whatever would be needed to help with this. Also, maybe items marked with the tag/flair of "Sold/Found" should me automatically archived?
Edit title to read "Delete this"

texkev

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2022
Texas
the dev guy is working in the new system now, soon they can just be closed, much easier